Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior20

Re: Should we sell Jack Hughes to Warrington?

Post by Warrior20 »

bomhead wrote: I still stand by what I say - Cuthbertson is a replacement for Peacock who will be retiring at the end of the season and Dwyer has set SL a light if you ask me or any other none basis fan and I know not all kids from there home town will play for them but surely the best should! - if your all so happy with wigans youth how come you all slate them on here! I agree our international signings do need to improve and I notice how none of you came back at me at how our international signings that we have lost have been replaced - if some one makes a good point I agree.

if the youth set up at wigan is great we must have some massive stars coming through and I hope wigan keep them and can't wait to see them in a cherry a white shirt but I highly doubt they will fork out the cash for them.

Wane told ST when he was a kid that he is too small and should find another sport! and your trying tell me this guy knows how to look after our future youth - he is a cave man of a prop good for one thing beasting players and teaching them the honour of Wigan - he is out of his depth
Cuthbertson is not a replacement for Peacock. Mullally from Huddersfield is, who Leeds have signed for next season!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bomhead wrote: I still stand by what I say - Cuthbertson is a replacement for Peacock who will be retiring at the end of the season and Dwyer has set SL a light if you ask me or any other none basis fan and I know not all kids from there home town will play for them but surely the best should! - if your all so happy with wigans youth how come you all slate them on here! I agree our international signings do need to improve and I notice how none of you came back at me at how our international signings that we have lost have been replaced - if some one makes a good point I agree.

if the youth set up at wigan is great we must have some massive stars coming through and I hope wigan keep them and can't wait to see them in a cherry a white shirt but I highly doubt they will fork out the cash for them.

Wane told ST when he was a kid that he is too small and should find another sport! and your trying tell me this guy knows how to look after our future youth - he is a cave man of a prop good for one thing beasting players and teaching them the honour of Wigan - he is out of his depth
Yes he did & what did it do? Made Sam Tomkins determined to be a good player & he kept plugging away. Did you ever see Sam Tomkins as a kid? Even he will admit he was 'tiny' to be playing rugby. Because of his determination, he was noticed & kept being given the chance to play. Don't forget he still had several excellent players in front of him.

Then came his big chance in the U18's. Half the team was banned just before the GF & he played in those last few games & proved he was good enough. Shaun Wane ate his words. So much so that he kept telling Brian Noble to give him a chance. Reluctantly, he did but not in a SL game in a 5th round CC game against a Cumbrian Whitehaven. We had bags of experience in that team so Sam got to play. He took that opportunity with both hands & boy did he take it. But Nobby was still reluctant to play Sam regularly. Sam kept training & putting weight on & then his big chance came at HKR. Tim Smith got a season ending injury & the rest is history. I've know Sam & his brothers since they were kids at St Pats so I know where Wane was coming from regarding him being small

I'll give you another example of determination to play rugby league for Wigan from a friend & ex player who didn't stand out in the academy teams but he continually worked hard in all aspects of his game, he got his chance & made the most of it & hey his determination paid off. That friend, that ex player is non other than Kris Radlinski! And he became, like Sam, one of the best players in the world.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

Warrior20 wrote:

Cuthbertson is not a replacement for Peacock. Mullally from Huddersfield is, who Leeds have signed for next season!
I thought Mullally was leuluis replacement no?
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

josie andrews wrote:

Yes he did & what did it do? Made Sam Tomkins determined to be a good player & he kept plugging away. Did you ever see Sam Tomkins as a kid? Even he will admit he was 'tiny' to be playing rugby. Because of his determination, he was noticed & kept being given the chance to play. Don't forget he still had several excellent players in front of him.

Then came his big chance in the U18's. Half the team was banned just before the GF & he played in those last few games & proved he was good enough. Shaun Wane ate his words. So much so that he kept telling Brian Noble to give him a chance. Reluctantly, he did but not in a SL game in a 5th round CC game against a Cumbrian Whitehaven. We had bags of experience in that team so Sam got to play. He took that opportunity with both hands & boy did he take it. But Nobby was still reluctant to play Sam regularly. Sam kept training & putting weight on & then his big chance came at HKR. Tim Smith got a season ending injury & the rest is history. I've know Sam & his brothers since they were kids at St Pats so I know where Wane was coming from regarding him being small

I'll give you another example of determination to play rugby league for Wigan from a friend & ex player who didn't stand out in the academy teams but he continually worked hard in all aspects of his game, he got his chance & made the most of it & hey his determination paid off. That friend, that ex player is non other than Kris Radlinski! And he became, like Sam, one of the best players in the world.
your missing the point here Joe Sams determination came down to him not Waney and fare enough I didn't know about him asking noble to play him - I thought it was madge that saw him and gave him his chance.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

So let me get this right because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful?

Dwyer has set SL alight this season? Wire released him then paid to sign him back and he has far from set SL alight, unlike Manfredi, Budgie, Williams who have all had far better seasons than him.

I never slate our youth players, I might say some need to move on if I feel they are not good enough but that is not 'slating' them!

Is Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, Bowen, Tomkins, Flower etc. not good recruitment?

I would also say that MM, Charnley, Budgie, Williams, Farrell, Tomkins, Manfredi, Lockers etc are at least SL Stars wouldn't you or at the very worst becoming them. 21 of our current 30 man squad is through our youth tell me another club like that? No club has the right to monopolise all the youth talent it is common sense at times the odd one will slip through the net, your point again is unrealistic!!

You are clearly trying to have another dig at SW, using our recruitment you might just get away with it but bringing our youth system into it is ludicrous and quite frankly very silly!!
yes that's exactly what I am saying 'because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful'..... if you think that's my point you are the silly one! leeds are loosing a star and have found a star to replace him we have lost stars and as fare as I can see we haven't. other clubs as well as leeds have done this also the best recruiters are Castleford they have no money but look deep and find great talent.

I am not saying our whole youth structure is flawed but I think it is on the decline - dom , budgie (who is gone) and George have all been great finds - Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, flower are good CHEAP signings but these are past signings who have we signend of worth this season?? I am talking now not years ago now this season - we signed bowen if you ask me there are far far faaaar better fullbacks around - he was a class player but he is to old and I feel for him - if you think bowen was a good signing compared to other options that we had like everyone else then that's laughable.

you are living in the past our club this season has not recruited well and has lost some of its better youth in my opinion.

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

bomhead wrote:
your missing the point here Joe Sams determination came down to him not Waney and fare enough I didn't know about him asking noble to play him - I thought it was madge that saw him and gave him his chance.
Sorry all your credibility just gone out the window, Madge moved him to FB
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

bomhead wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

First who is Joe?

No I'm not missing the point. Because Waney told him he was too small he was determined to become better. Waney ate his words when he saw how much he was improving & gave him his chance. McGuire wasn't here then

He played against Whitehaven in his debut in 2008 Madge only came in 2010
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

bomhead wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:

So let me get this right because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful?

Dwyer has set SL alight this season? Wire released him then paid to sign him back and he has far from set SL alight, unlike Manfredi, Budgie, Williams who have all had far better seasons than him.

I never slate our youth players, I might say some need to move on if I feel they are not good enough but that is not 'slating' them!

Is Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, Bowen, Tomkins, Flower etc. not good recruitment?

I would also say that MM, Charnley, Budgie, Williams, Farrell, Tomkins, Manfredi, Lockers etc are at least SL Stars wouldn't you or at the very worst becoming them. 21 of our current 30 man squad is through our youth tell me another club like that? No club has the right to monopolise all the youth talent it is common sense at times the odd one will slip through the net, your point again is unrealistic!!

You are clearly trying to have another dig at SW, using our recruitment you might just get away with it but bringing our youth system into it is ludicrous and quite frankly very silly!!
yes that's exactly what I am saying 'because Leeds signed Cuthbertson to replace Peacock that makes all our recruitment awful'..... if you think that's my point you are the silly one! leeds are loosing a star and have found a star to replace him we have lost stars and as fare as I can see we haven't. other clubs as well as leeds have done this also the best recruiters are Castleford they have no money but look deep and find great talent.

I am not saying our whole youth structure is flawed but I think it is on the decline - dom , budgie (who is gone) and George have all been great finds - Charnely and Lockers are done as fare as some people think on here which I don't I think they could be utilised better in the squad.

Clubb, Bateman, Gelling, flower are good CHEAP signings but these are past signings who have we signend of worth this season?? I am talking now not years ago now this season - we signed bowen if you ask me there are far far faaaar better fullbacks around - he was a class player but he is to old and I feel for him - if you think bowen was a good signing compared to other options that we had like everyone else then that's laughable.

you are living in the past our club this season has not recruited well and has lost some of its better youth in my opinion.

Cuthbertson isn't a star! If he was he would be playing in the NRL!! So come on add some more evidence to your argument about all the 'star' players SL clubs sign because on pedigree we arguably got the best in Bowen!!

Tell me what Castleford have won/achieved recently with their great recruitment and youth policy?

Charnley and Lockers are done? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Past signings? They are still part of our recruitment and have been very good signings!! Does the fact they are cheap not make it better recruitment? Also we have just signed Sam Tomkins!

Tell me better full backs currently playing in SL that were available that are better than Bowen when we signed him?

What youth have we lost please do tell?

This hole you have dug is only getting deeper!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Warrior20

Post by Warrior20 »

bomhead wrote:
Warrior20 wrote:

I thought Mullally was leuluis replacement no?
Cutherbertson signed for this year after Leeds released Bailey and Ian Kirke. They also wanted Mossop but he came back to us.
Mitch Garbutt has also been brought in this last month or so (He was initally a signing for next year I believe) and he Mullally are replacing Peacock and Leuluai as far as I am aware.
bomhead

Post by bomhead »

josie andrews wrote:
bomhead wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Yes he did & what did it do? Made Sam Tomkins determined to be a good player & he kept plugging away. Did you ever see Sam Tomkins as a kid? Even he will admit he was 'tiny' to be playing rugby. Because of his determination, he was noticed & kept being given the chance to play. Don't forget he still had several excellent players in front of him.

First who is Joe?

No I'm not missing the point. Because Waney told him he was too small he was determined to become better. Waney ate his words when he saw how much he was improving & gave him his chance. McGuire wasn't here then

He played against Whitehaven in his debut in 2008 Madge only came in 2010
sorry Josie - the point I am making is wane shouldn't be allowed to look after our youth setup and the current staff aren't as good as previous and I don't think we are getting the best of wigan youth that is out there - I only mentioned ST as an example of wanes attitude towards some young players