Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jao711

Re: Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Post by jao711 »

thegimble wrote:
jao711 wrote:
thegimble wrote: So your justifying all forms of tax evasion and illegal claimants on the DSS?

After all Hamilton got educated here on our taxes used our services and health care paid by us so are you justifying him not paying?
Far from it,tax EVASION is a crime,as are false claims on the DSS.When you fill in your tax return,I presume you claim tax relief on anything you are allowed to.That is tax AVOIDANCE and is quite legal.Unless of course you enjoy paying tax.However I don't think I was taking it quite as serious as yourself.
Do not fil a tax form.

But does even avoiding tax due to laws made by the rich for the rich really justify it. For me avoiding and evasion is the same. Just as bad as false claims.
As I said I wasn't taking it quite so seriously,and frankly we could do without politics on a sports board ,but a Merry Christmas to you all the same.
Owd Codger

Re: Kevin Sinfield nominated for Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Post by Owd Codger »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
DaveO wrote: How was it a kick in the teeth for those who say he was overrated? All the prompting to vote for him I saw was all to do with it being a vote for RL not for Sinfield. I don't think anyone tried to persuade me to vote for him because he was a great RL player.

Quite rightly they had more sense because he's not been. A great clubman yes, but I have seen numerous far better players than him since I have been watching the game. That is what is so irksome.

The RL community was asked to back a player most people outside Leeds bar you pinged as not one to deserve the tag of "great". In fact last season despite Leeds success he didn't even have as good a season as he has had in the past himself. So since this was Sports Personality of the Year I am not sure his year was even close to deserving the title.

His teams was if you think the treble was up there with the Davis Cup team.
We have all seen better players over the years but the fact
remains that he has been a good player, great goalkicker and a oustanding leader of other players in a career of eighteen years.

Hate to think what opinions of him would be if he had played for Saints!
So great that at the start of the season he was dropped for a younger player
He was not dropped, just carrying a injury!