Bob Beswick

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Bob Beswick

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:What about Robbie Farrah who is out of favour at Wests Tigers? Top player, aggressive and brilliant dummy half.
We can dream.....
WAY too old
Meds this is an RL forum not a dating website! :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

Does Leigh signing Hood from Swinton change anything on the Beswick position? In terms of availability, more than whether fans want him or not.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_211 ... leigh.html

Also, if Hood was available, should we have had a look at him as a stop gap for the year?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

markill wrote:Does Leigh signing Hood from Swinton change anything on the Beswick position? In terms of availability, more than whether fans want him or not.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_211 ... leigh.html

Also, if Hood was available, should we have had a look at him as a stop gap for the year?
No beswick is injured.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Stick with Powell unless we can get somebody from Aus Or (Clark/Dwyer from Wire (Jk BTW))
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I can't believe there's six pages on this over 30's, injured player and around a decade ago since he last played Super League !
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nezza Faz wrote:I can't believe there's six pages on this over 30's, injured player and around a decade ago since he last played Super League !
The reason for that is probably because no one has ruled out Wigan signing him despite the fact most think it would be a very bad move.

Probably has something to do with the fact the club has made other less than inspiring signings over recent seasons and he fits the bill.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

DaveO wrote:
Nezza Faz wrote:I can't believe there's six pages on this over 30's, injured player and around a decade ago since he last played Super League !
The reason for that is probably because no one has ruled out Wigan signing him despite the fact most think it would be a very bad move.

Probably has something to do with the fact the club has made other less than inspiring signings over recent seasons and he fits the bill.

I know the saying about smoke & fire, but how did this rumour get legs and why in all this time has nothing of substance emerged, despite denials from Leigh, on any approach being made ?

Regret I'm just adding to the 6 pages now !
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Agents/players are very good to nurturing rumours. To the best of my knowledge Wigan did ask about Beswick but were not interested when Leigh mentioned a transfer fee.

There must be some very talented 9's in the NRL. The Rabbitohs brought one in this season and he looks class. I daresay there are several reserve and below class hookers in Aus/NZ. Remember Dobson was just that in Aus.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Don't see it with Beswick at all.
I'd prefer Waney to rotate his halves between 6,7 & 9 anyway. We have Powell, Smith and Williams and it would have been even better if we had Hampshire but that's not to be.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wiganer Ted wrote:Don't see it with Beswick at all.
I'd prefer Waney to rotate his halves between 6,7 & 9 anyway. We have Powell, Smith and Williams and it would have been even better if we had Hampshire but that's not to be.
Love child (Not literally) of Wane