Salford game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Salford game

Post by cpwigan »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I take it you wrote to him?
No I did not. One letter would have zero effect as others have pointed out.
So if everybody took that view nobody would write.

I contact the club routinely
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

WiganWoman1968 wrote:
x Wigan Warrior x wrote:Both IL and WMBC are not interested in building a new stadium. Waste of time dreaming about it IMO.
You'll grow old if you stop dreaming :wink:
very true .....but i would rather dream about winning a 100 million euro jackpot :D
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

cpwigan wrote:
WiganWoman1968 wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I take it you wrote to him?
No I did not. One letter would have zero effect as others have pointed out.
So if everybody took that view nobody would write.

I contact the club routinely
That's true. And I applaud your motivation to do that. Seriously. But I was thinking more of the collective power of people writing together to show the extent of feeling.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Probably why internet forums exist to be fair. I honestly do not know the answer re the fixture issue. It is not ideal.

More concerned about the pitch at the moment. For that matter my garden! which after looking wonderful now resembles the DW. I have been told to wait until March to reseed it. I know with my garden if I had my time again I would have dug far more clay out beforehand. My fault though I knew my house was built on an estuary and I was happy with other aspects.

Fixtures, if it worked perfectly. Both sets of fixtures set well in advanced, TV choices made well in advance taking both sets of fixtures into account. Well in advance again I would not be adverse to taking 3, max 4 fixtures on the road; London, Preston? somewhere in Lancashire (Blackburn, Burnley), Liverpool/Everton. I actually think RL / Wigan needs to sell themselves closer to home as well as London.

As it stands the fixture switching probably gives the club incl fans headaches/migraines. I do not think we will ever move from the DW in the foreseeable future though.
markill

Post by markill »

cpwigan wrote: More concerned about the pitch at the moment. For that matter my garden! which after looking wonderful now resembles the DW. I have been told to wait until March to reseed it. I know with my garden if I had my time again I would have dug far more clay out beforehand. My fault though I knew my house was built on an estuary and I was happy with other aspects.
Your lawn issue is very reminiscent of our pitch situation really. The appropriate action wasn't taken at the start and the consequences are being reaped now. I suppose the main difference is the number of stakeholders in the quality of your lawn fall well short of the number involved in our pitch!

The yellow weather warning of rain over this whole weekend doesn't bode well for our pitch either - but as for next week's switch, I really hope that the pitch looks in a better state on Friday morning after our Thursday game than it does on the Sunday morning after their Saturday game. If that comes to pass, I hope there'd be some pictures of it too, and get them in the local rag!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:Issues like this do not arise at Huddersfield or Hull or Salford etc etc. Why is this?
That is the question that IL needs to answer. Hudds, Hull and Salford all ground share with soccer and RU in Salfords case that have their seasons overlapping the RL season.

They don't seem to have an issue or be forced to play a couple of months away mid-season.

If they can organise a sensible fixture list why can't we?
SJ

Post by SJ »

Mike wrote:The DW's been a pretty rubbish atmosphereless ground msot of the time anyway. I've got no particular affinaty with it even after all this time, so I'll be glad when we move into our own ground. I reckon we can afford it, and hopefully IL has started negotiations to get out of the lease citing incidents such as this to achieve that.

I nice safe terracing 15K ground would do me, with a focus on atmosphere generation. Lets go do it.

I would support what you say Mike. It took me a while when we left Central Park to renew my season ticket because I was sorry to have to more Now I want us to leave 'Whelans Folly" ( WWs name fits perfectly). Although I now watch games on TV the "folly comes across as a soulless venue Cherry has pointed out what he believes would be a suitable location with little to no unconvinceto paying species Wishful thinking I know but seeing and hearing a once great club being reduced to a laughing stock is painful in the extreme. I to fear for our World reputation come the Brisbane game :conf:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

markill wrote:
cpwigan wrote: More concerned about the pitch at the moment. For that matter my garden! which after looking wonderful now resembles the DW. I have been told to wait until March to reseed it. I know with my garden if I had my time again I would have dug far more clay out beforehand. My fault though I knew my house was built on an estuary and I was happy with other aspects.
Your lawn issue is very reminiscent of our pitch situation really. The appropriate action wasn't taken at the start and the consequences are being reaped now. I suppose the main difference is the number of stakeholders in the quality of your lawn fall well short of the number involved in our pitch!

The yellow weather warning of rain over this whole weekend doesn't bode well for our pitch either - but as for next week's switch, I really hope that the pitch looks in a better state on Friday morning after our Thursday game than it does on the Sunday morning after their Saturday game. If that comes to pass, I hope there'd be some pictures of it too, and get them in the local rag!
Mark every time I look at it I concur :D Spent lots on it to spruce it up during dry periods etc and it looked wonderful. Alas, this year the weather (nature) has beaten me with ease.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

DaveO wrote:
wall_of_voodoo wrote:Issues like this do not arise at Huddersfield or Hull or Salford etc etc. Why is this?
That is the question that IL needs to answer. Hudds, Hull and Salford all ground share with soccer and RU in Salfords case that have their seasons overlapping the RL season.

They don't seem to have an issue or be forced to play a couple of months away mid-season.

If they can organise a sensible fixture list why can't we?
They do have the same problems. Salford have had to play games at Leigh, Huddersfield at Halifax, Hull have had big holes in their home fixtures due to the pitch being relaid.
WiganWoman1968

Post by WiganWoman1968 »

Ian L interview explaining it all on website and Wigan TV.