An absolute bl**dy disgrace

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
heydude

Re: An absolut bl**dy disg...

Post by heydude »

DaveO posted:
heydude posted:
these incidents millward has done (ie the weakened team at bradford or the one that he did at leigh where he changed the team an hour before the game) there was nothing in the rule book to stop him doing it at the time, he just saw an opportunity all it was down to was poor sportsmanship and truthfully i didn't like what he did, but he was looking for an advantage for his team and at the time he wasn't breaking any rules was he.
Don't start making excuses for him already.

Your post could have been lifted from a Saints message board at the time.

Just because you can do somethig doesn't mean you should.

Dave
daveo i am not making excuses for him as i said in the post i didn't like what he had done and it was poor sportsmanship but in the cold light of day he hadn't broke any rules had he.And how dare you say that i been to a saints message board that's worse than calling me gay.
don't eat yellow snow
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

heydude posted:
DaveO posted:
heydude posted:
these incidents millward has done (ie the weakened team at bradford or the one that he did at leigh where he changed the team an hour before the game) there was nothing in the rule book to stop him doing it at the time, he just saw an opportunity all it was down to was poor sportsmanship and truthfully i didn't like what he did, but he was looking for an advantage for his team and at the time he wasn't breaking any rules was he.
Don't start making excuses for him already.

Your post could have been lifted from a Saints message board at the time.

Just because you can do somethig doesn't mean you should.

Dave
daveo i am not making excuses for him as i said in the post i didn't like what he had done and it was poor sportsmanship but in the cold light of day he hadn't broke any rules had he.And how dare you say that i been to a saints message board that's worse than calling me gay.
Ok I promise not to make that slight on your character again!

As to him not breaking any rules the point I was trying to make was the Saints fans said the same thing to justify it.

You can't justify it IMO.

I don't care if it isn't breaking the rules, if he does it here I will be on the message board slagging him off for it.

It is my only reservation about his appointment and it is one I know a number of fans who are delighted he is our coach share as well.

Dave
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
the gimble posted:

Forgot to mention in my rather large post that im also happy Denis stays. We now have a good coaching team and still have continuity
Are you hoping that the coaching of the team continues in the vein? Surely not.
So i take it that your suffering from senile dementia and forgot theat Betts was assistant to MG and that he along with MG took the side to 2 finals in 2 seasons.

Hes a good assistant. Pity people forget about this isnt it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
The Gimble posted:

Apart from 2 other choices in Chris Anderson and
Shaun Edwards there were no other choice outthere of adequate quality for the job.
You having a laugh?

So Einstein who was left outthere who would and could come to the JJB.

Apart from the new Saints coach name me 1 NRL coach who has left his club to come up here. Looking forward to your reply.
Oh by the way Shaun Edwards has helped to take Wasps to dominance in the Zurich Prme, just in case you never got any info from south of Manchester.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

gimble posted

Oh by the way Shaun Edwards has helped to take Wasps to dominance in the Zurich Prme, just in case you never got any info from south of Manchester.
So what? What is his coaching credentials in RL.

I live south of Manchester.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Betts was assistant to MG and that he along with MG took the side to 2 finals in 2 seasons.
Stop living in the past!
Betts is the major stakeholder in the teams performances. They have been terrible so far. He has been relieved of much of this responsibility.
Live with it.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Mike posted:
Doveoverdave posted:
Robinson, Briscoe and Hodgeson would waltz into our squad as well. What greater indicment of the recruiting /retention policy can there be.
I can't recall anyone on this board maoning about Dodgy Hodgy being released by the club. I defended him for almost the whole of last season,. but by the end I thought it was time to let him go.

Not every descision made has been a bad one (but mnay have). However, I would hope IM may have more of an influence on the squad than some of his predesesors. Although, when it came to Gleeson at Saints, he didn't and his reaction probably cost him his job in the end. Maurice like to have his own way on player recruitment, so I would expect run-ins between MO and IM in the future. :conf:
As far as iremember Hodgson was not even on the play off match against the Rhinos last season. As far as Robinson goes hes a decent player but when Lam was injured last season he struggled.

I do feel the O Connor should have stayed but the others were not good enough for the team when preperations were made for the season.

Aspinwall is a better centre than Hodgson. Players do perform better for a while when they have in a way beig rejected but this soon goes. Look at Salford now ok were 2 points ahead and we are awful at the moment what does that say about them. They starterd well but are fading.

Were 3-4 players away from challenging next season. Some players will go that is a certainty now. from 1-7 were a decent side on paper but as of now have not jelled. Pack needs a bit of overhauling 1 big prop and an impact 2nd rower is need.

We are missing 2 of the best young player in the SL at the moment and along with a good recruitment drive should see us up the top 3-4 at least next season. Confidence is a big problem now once that is overcome then things should improve quickly.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
gimble posted

So what? What is his coaching credentials in RL.

I live south of Manchester.
Since hes gone to the Wasps they have gone from an average side into probaly the top 2 or 3 in Europe inside 2 years. That is no coincidence. He may have not coached a SL side but he has the knack of winning.

During the late 80's early 90's it was reported that he was running the traininig program at the club. If that was the case then he did a decent job didnt he.

Hanley started the saints after practically no coaching jobs, Edwards is from the same breed. Its a pity that he was forced out Wigan as he would have been the coach years ago.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
Betts was assistant to MG and that he along with MG took the side to 2 finals in 2 seasons.
Stop living in the past!
Betts is the major stakeholder in the teams performances. They have been terrible so far. He has been relieved of much of this responsibility.
Live with it.
He might have been a poor coach but as an assistant could you fault him.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

the gimble posted

During the late 80's early 90's
Stop livinng in the past!!!!!!!

You'll be after Nigel-Stamer-Smith next. :)