Rumour - Is Gleeson coming to Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Doveoverdave

Re: Rumour - Is Gleeson co...

Post by Doveoverdave »

Love it!

More paragraphs please I'm starting to "scen!"
:D
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

Doveoverdave posted:
Love it!

More paragraphs please I'm starting to "scen!"
:D
:lol:
wiresphs

Post by wiresphs »

wiresphs posted:
:roll: Surface the "blithering idiot"! (Keep an eye on the papers in the next couple of weeks sonny jim young fellow me lad)! :wink:
www.smh.com.au/news/League/Rauhihi-join ... 61318.html

"Oh dear"!
:blush:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

Lost again!

Where are the moderators?
Still asleep when these messages were posted. We're not on here 24 hours a day you know.
Of course not Fraggle - point taken. However, please don't blame me for being extra vigilant in this regard - I feel that this is an area where uniformity is not applied. If you have to sleep, maybe I could volunteer to be a moderator? Rest assured, the "pro" brigade would be treated the same as the realists!

And before you attack me Waterside Glens wind it in, I'm not listening to someone who has a Belfast accent and claims to be more of a fan than a born and bred Wiganner like me :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

wiresphs posted
I actually think that if you had kept hold of some of the youth that you have offloaded in recent times, you would now be challenging Leeds for top spot in the league with a predominantly "BRITISH ", team.
That's been argued about on here quite a lot, by Wigan fans, but in fact there are few, if any, of the youngsters we've offloaded, that would get into our current squad (when fully fit). Briscoe and Hodgson are having some success as fullbacks with Hull and Salford, respectively, but neither would displace Radlinski. Luke Robinson? Possibly; the jury's still out, I think. None of the others have made any impression elsewhere.
"predominantly BRITISH"? we only have two quota players, plus three "Kolpacks" in the squad. That leaves 24 British-qualified, which works out as 83% British. That seems predominant to me.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Fraggle posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

Lost again!

Where are the moderators?
Still asleep when these messages were posted. We're not on here 24 hours a day you know.
Of course not Fraggle - point taken. However, please don't blame me for being extra vigilant in this regard - I feel that this is an area where uniformity is not applied. If you have to sleep, maybe I could volunteer to be a moderator? Rest assured, the "pro" brigade would be treated the same as the realists!

And before you attack me Waterside Glens wind it in, I'm not listening to someone who has a Belfast accent and claims to be more of a fan than a born and bred Wiganner like me :lol:
and when did i make that claim and whats the problem with the accent.btw you must be listening or you would not have replied
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

AncientWarrior posted:
Dear wiresphs,

I feel I must apologise for the excesses of my fellow-contributor, heydude. His use of the word since deleted by an over-zealous moderator is quite understandable and when I explain, I'm sure you'll agree.
Since the issue of consistent moderation is still being banded about, I feel obliged to reply here. You might consider me over-zealous in deleting the explitive. Personally, I have little problem with self-censured expletives being used, in moderation, to emphasise an issue. I would guess everyone on here, children and adults, has heard and probably used the words involved but so long as it's not excessive and too obvious then most of the time we'll let it go, no matter who types the comment. Although, to be honest, most of the time people should be able to make the point perfectly well without any swearing, and if anyone were to check my posts they wouldn't find too many instances of bad language. I always go for practising what I preach!

What I do object to is such language being used in an insulting manner against another poster, merely because that person has a different opinion. I try and adopt a similar approach to all insults on here: if they're abusive then no matter who makes the comment then I'll take action if I can catch it early enough. If people want to insult others there are ways of doing so without being crude and abusive, but there's never any need to call someone a ****** just because they have a different opinion. In this case, I totally disagree that the use of the abusive word was "understandable".
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Fraggle posted:
AncientWarrior posted:
Dear wiresphs,

I feel I must apologise for the excesses of my fellow-contributor, heydude. His use of the word since deleted by an over-zealous moderator is quite understandable and when I explain, I'm sure you'll agree.
Since the issue of consistent moderation is still being banded about, I feel obliged to reply here. You might consider me over-zealous in deleting the explitive. Personally, I have little problem with self-censured expletives being used, in moderation, to emphasise an issue. I would guess everyone on here, children and adults, has heard and probably used the words involved but so long as it's not excessive and too obvious then most of the time we'll let it go, no matter who types the comment. Although, to be honest, most of the time people should be able to make the point perfectly well without any swearing, and if anyone were to check my posts they wouldn't find too many instances of bad language. I always go for practising what I preach!

What I do object to is such language being used in an insulting manner against another poster, merely because that person has a different opinion. I try and adopt a similar approach to all insults on here: if they're abusive then no matter who makes the comment then I'll take action if I can catch it early enough. If people want to insult others there are ways of doing so without being crude and abusive, but there's never any need to call someone a ****** just because they have a different opinion. In this case, I totally disagree that the use of the abusive word was "understandable".
:eusa2:
portite

Post by portite »

Going back to the topic, it seems that we'll have a Gleeson at the JJB very soon. Sean Gleeson. I hope he's as good as some people are saying. Plus it'll save a fortune on buying Martin out of his contract with Warrington. I'm full of hope and can't wait until Monday. It's a bit sad though looking forward to going to Salford!!!
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Not sad. New coach, major team changes whats not to look forward to. Must admit our bench looks a bit understrength, but maybe thats meant to be the case and they're going to surprise us.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3