Budgie

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Budgie

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Some posters said they where not overwhelmed by the re-signing of Budgie so I suppose that is what he is getting at.
I didn't, i'm happy to see him come back even though i was one of the many who wanted him gone at the start of last season
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Some posters said they where not overwhelmed by the re-signing of Budgie so I suppose that is what he is getting at.
I didn't, i'm happy to see him come back even though i was one of the many who wanted him gone at the start of last season
It wasn't you meds!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
I was like you too meds, Budgie was making error after error at the start of that season and all I could see was a player with his mind in Sydney. So wrong was I, and I'm more than pleased to admit it and also glad to say how happy I am to see him returning. In another post I've said he'd be my first choice wing replacement for Josh. Solomona, go suck eggs, you're not a patch on Budgie and five yards slower into the bargain. :o
markill

Post by markill »

I think the terms 'like some' and 'some posters' should be banned from use. Get rid of the presumptive and the guessing games of who and use the quote facility instead. If you can't back up the 'some' comments with supportive evidence then it's probably in your head and don't say it.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Correct True Blue Warrior, but as usual certain people were more interested in making a comment against me rather than digesting what I was saying about those not happy with the re-signing.

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Correct True Blue Warrior, but as usual certain people were more interested in making a comment against me rather than digesting what I was saying about those not happy with the re-signing.
As many others can see, No one had said anything negative when you posted for first comment. So you must have been commenting on things that you assumed might be said in future but haven't been yet. I'm in the majority here and am supported by most who haven't posted. :lol:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
TrueBlueWarrior

TBW - Some posters said they where not overwhelmed by the re-signing of Budgie so I suppose that is what he is getting at.

markill - I think the terms 'like some' and 'some posters' should be banned from use. Get rid of the presumptive and the guessing games of who and use the quote facility instead. If you can't back up the 'some' comments with supportive evidence then it's probably in your head and don't say it.
SJ wrote:
Mike wrote:I think its good budgie is on his way back, but its another signing that lacks that certain excitement that we used to get when we recruited a top-notch international. We've missed that anticipation for the last five or so years. It's all very pragmatic, but perhaps not particularly inspiring.

Agree. Can't say I'm overwhelmed
Is this ok now markill or is it just in my head?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He said (before my post) where the complaints were and then that others wanted budgie at another club.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
TrueBlueWarrior

Mike wrote:He said (before my post) where the complaints were and then that others wanted budgie at another club.
WW said about Budgie signing for other clubs after what you and SJ had said!

Anyway he is back and its a great signing and I think he will be a great winger for us for many years in my opinion.