Hampshire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
butt monkey

Re: Hampshire

Post by butt monkey »

Have to be honest that, on a personal level, I am always very uneasy about simply promoting ex-players into a position they have no experience, qualifications nor prior aptitude for.

Simply giving jobs for boys always ends up going wrong in the end

Not saying this with the name mentioned (not by me btw) but it appears errors have been made and I wonder how far and deep they lie within the club

Currently seeing this with some fans wanting Lockers be our "attack coach" without an ounce of experience or ability to stand aside from his current team mates and probably friends off field also to admonish or maybe even discipline them.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We need to bring Hampshire back.

With the extent and the number of injuries we have and continue to get we cannot leave ourselves short of numbers and at the same time allow players under contract to go.

Sam T is not fully fit.
Manfredi is out for the rest of the season and may not make the pre season warm up games.
Sarginson is leaving.
Charnley is leaving.
Rumours around that Smith will leave.

How many backs and halves are we going to be short of before they bring Ryan H back?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hampshire simply will not return now the injuries are no worse than theyve been all season
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We are down on numbers and SW said he'd 17 players for Cas.
There are injuries and those leaving.
Players need replacing and we can anticipate injuries next season. We should not allow any more Wigan players under contract to leave the club.
I feel Hampshire must stay for the reasons of injuries and departures.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote:We are down on numbers and SW said he'd 17 players for Cas.
Players need replacing and we can anticipate injuries next season. We should not allow any more Wigan players under contract to leave the club.
It's never going to happen, deal with it
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:We are down on numbers and SW said he'd 17 players for Cas.
It's never going to happen, deal with it
You been told Hampshire isn't coming back?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Leigh at best
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:Leigh at best
I guess that's a no then, that you haven't officially been told he's definitely not coming back.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:Leigh at best
I guess that's a no then, that you haven't officially been told he's definitely not coming back.
you don't have to be a rocket scientist to see Waney doesn't like him and doesn't want him here, he would have been back by now if it wasn't the case
OJ

Post by OJ »

In fairness it must be hard for any coach with a squad as large as ours to get it right even 90% of the time. I don't doubt Waney has slight favourites just as we all do but it's his job to pick the best squad he can week in week out or risk the wrath of the fans. I tend to think Hampshire is just one of those who has never been in quite the right place at quite the right time and his opportunities may well have gone, I suspect his future lies elsewhere just like other ex Wigan players who are doing ok in other teams now. Don't know the guy but also get the feeling with him being from over the Pennines that his heart and mind is maybe in Yorkshire
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.