Widnes match off

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Widnes match off

Post by Caboosegg »

from the wigan page:

The Wigan Club will make a significant financial contribution to compensate Widnes for the short notice of the staging of this game and our sincere thanks go to Widnes CEO James Rule who has worked tirelessly with us to get this fixture on. We look forward to the game this evening.”
Read more at http://wiganwarriors.com/news/2017-02-2 ... PbtIJ62.99

why the hell are we paying for this if the football has caused it. i want my season ticket money going to supporting Wigan RLFC not Widnes.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Incredible. And for those of us that can't get there and were looking forward to watching on Sky, we don't even get that now. Would be the decent thing to stream live on Wigan TV.
markill

Post by markill »

endoman wrote:Incredible. And for those of us that can't get there and were looking forward to watching on Sky, we don't even get that now. Would be the decent thing to stream live on Wigan TV.
That would be a good idea, send them an email/tweet
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

will sky not revert to this fixture now its on?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
markill

Post by markill »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:will sky not revert to this fixture now its on?
No. They got to show a better game, they've got away with their initial mistake of picking us v Widnes in the first place!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

adiddy wrote:Whatever the reasons are, in the public and media eye we have gone from Champs to Looking like chumps.

Now Lenaghen should be insisting that essential works to the DW stadium to improve the drainage should be completed and paid for by the landlords of the DW. I would be more than happy to have a period away from the DW if it meant these farcical predicaments wouldn't happen again!!!

I'm fed up that every season we start the season playing on a crap pitch, then half way through the season have to play away for two months, leave the pitch in immaculate condition in October only for it all to be repeated again and again!!!

They know what the problem is........fix the effing thing!!!

Matt
Agree with first part champs to chump's. Sad day for our great club.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Shambolic! What about compensating all the Wigan fans who have already parted with their hard earned money! We should be dragged over the coals for this.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

[quote="adiddy"] Again what happens if supporters can't attend the rearranged fixture?? I for one don't want a couple of tickets to the next game I want cash back.

Now I know that I can't attend this game at home as I'll be on holiday which was purposely planned so I'd only miss Widnes away!!!!! To quote Proximo from the film Gladiator....."you sold me a queer season ticket..... I want my money back "!!!!!

Matt
endoman

Post by endoman »

markill wrote:
endoman wrote:Incredible. And for those of us that can't get there and were looking forward to watching on Sky, we don't even get that now. Would be the decent thing to stream live on Wigan TV.
That would be a good idea, send them an email/tweet
Tweets have been sent, no response of course.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There seems more to this to me but i can't quite put my finger on it

These fixtures have been in the diary for a fair while now and while storm dorris did put down a fair bit of rainfall its not unreasonable to assume that at this stage of the year there would be plenty of rainfall so why has it only just alighted as an issue?

i know this is not the case but its almost like someone trying to put us back in our box after the WCC win.

Either way it just makes a laughing stock of both us and the sport

people going on about our sport moving on well while things like this happen we will continue to spiral away from that goal.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure