Re: Wollongong Game.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote:
southernpie wrote:JB is going to play instead of Lockers next week according to Waney on Wigan TV
Given its a friendly and how much of the season he missed last time out for me at least it simply isn't worth the risk.
different circumstances arent they?, last year he delayed treatment on an injury to play in the WCC leading to recovery time from treatment being had within the season. He has had the treatment on this injury and he is ready to come back from treatment - in essence he should be as fit as he will be now and it is probably a good idea for him to have a run out in what as you say is a friendly so that he has a game under his belt before he is back playing super league
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

John Bateman putting himself in the shop window if he is going over there
moto748

Post by moto748 »

pearsy wrote:John Bateman putting himself in the shop window if he is going over there
I keep hearing that said, but, really? Any scouts from NRL clubs will hardly be seeing him for the first time. Anyone who's interested could surely simply obtain videos of recent Wigan matches. Is he really that much more 'in the window' because he's physically in Australia than he always is?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

the moderator on an NRL forum I follow wrote:Oh man, that's A League level of marketing. I can't believe I hadn't seen or heard anything about it. I would have gone down for a look.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

mjdodge13 wrote:Impressed!

We created a lot and our forwards had a bit of fire n their bellies! Personally thought Flower and Clubb were excellent.

Williams was impressive along with both wingers........love to see the stats.
Powell went OK, simple, fast, accurate passing led to Flower and Sutton tries.

Marshall - wow his pace is electric and seems to have improved his general game. Davis continues to impress.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
southernpie wrote:JB is going to play instead of Lockers next week according to Waney on Wigan TV
Given its a friendly and how much of the season he missed last time out for me at least it simply isn't worth the risk.
To gain some match fitness before the Wire game?
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Davis will not score many try's because of the centre .To score on that side you will have to wait till DM back he can create his own
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

widdenoldboy wrote:
mjdodge13 wrote:Impressed!

We created a lot and our forwards had a bit of fire n their bellies! Personally thought Flower and Clubb were excellent.

Williams was impressive along with both wingers........love to see the stats.
Powell went OK, simple, fast, accurate passing led to Flower and Sutton tries.

Marshall - wow his pace is electric and seems to have improved his general game. Davis continues to impress.
Powell was never the quickest but where has his pace gone? Griffin skipped past him like he wasn't there and left him treading in water! We need to ditch playing him in the halves.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:
Yes he needs match time as do all the others who have not played to date. It is a good learning opportunity for our younger players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards