Today's game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jackthelad

Re: Today's game

Post by jackthelad »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:25 pm What I would of not done is let one of our main wingers go,let our back up centre go on loan,also I would not of relied on a winger coming back from a cruciate injury,and I would not of relied on a winger who has played a handful of games over the last 3 seasons,coupled to the fact that we still don't know when French is back I feel that this is a very poor show by the club with longer to prepare,and we are nowhere near ready.Allready we are on about moving back rowers into the centres and we have not played a game yet.
Whilst not being aware of the facts or details and reasons why certain decisions have been taken, your summary is Absolutely spot on!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Suzieb wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:25 pm What I would of not done is let one of our main wingers go,let our back up centre go on loan,also I would not of relied on a winger coming back from a cruciate injury,and I would not of relied on a winger who has played a handful of games over the last 3 seasons,coupled to the fact that we still don't know when French is back I feel that this is a very poor show by the club with longer to prepare,and we are nowhere near ready.Allready we are on about moving back rowers into the centres and we have not played a game yet.
What’s that got to do with Hastings?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 am
What’s that got to do with Hastings?
the thread isnt about Hastings, its about the Salford game
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

but lets face it we could lose the first 5-6 games and still win the comp

over the years the start of the season matters less and less and less and this year is no different - having everyone back isnt important nor is having everyone fit - having everyone fit and firing at the end of the season is all thats important in our league now.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

To wigan forever you are missing the point.i do not want to see us losing any game,and I would not be very pleased if we became a play off team.for a club like us not to have back up wingers and centres is a disgrace,just look who we have let go,Joe Burgess,Davies,Tierney, sarg ,hank,who have we replaced them with ????
pedro

Post by pedro »

Suzieb wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:40 am To wigan forever you are missing the point.i do not want to see us losing any game,and I would not be very pleased if we became a play off team.for a club like us not to have back up wingers and centres is a disgrace,just look who we have let go,Joe Burgess,Davies,Tierney, sarg ,hank,who have we replaced them with ????
...Bibby
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:24 am
but lets face it we could lose the first 5-6 games and still win the comp

over the years the start of the season matters less and less and less and this year is no different - having everyone back isnt important nor is having everyone fit - having everyone fit and firing at the end of the season is all thats important in our league now.
How many seasons has it not been what's most important?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:05 am
Suzieb wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:40 am To wigan forever you are missing the point.i do not want to see us losing any game,and I would not be very pleased if we became a play off team.for a club like us not to have back up wingers and centres is a disgrace,just look who we have let go,Joe Burgess,Davies,Tierney, sarg ,hank,who have we replaced them with ????
...Bibby
Hardaker, French

I do agree we are light at Wing and Centre though.

When fully fit we have two wingers, two centres and Bibby covering both positions...That isn't enough, especially when you factor in Marshall's injury, Manfredi's injury record, and lets be honest, Gildart does pick up his fair share.
pedro

Post by pedro »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:13 am
...Bibby
Hardaker, French

When fully fit we have two wingers, two centres and Bibby covering both positions...That isn't enough, especially when you factor in Marshall's injury, Manfredi's injury record, and lets be honest, Gildart does pick up his fair share.
so 2 fullbacks/centres not good
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

pedro wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:20 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:13 am

...Bibby
Hardaker, French

so 2 fullbacks/centres not good
Hardaker has more than proven himself to be a competent Centre.