Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Bateman

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:59 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:47 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:13 pm

We’ve obviously been watching 2 different John batemans since he’s come back. You’ve been watching the best sr itl and I’ve been watching an average SL sr. Is there a genuine split opinion on this or what? Can anyone give me one game this season u thought he was one of the best on the pitch ?
At Newcastle. Now, can you give me names of players that we can adequately replace him with? And, due to the fact that we have no spaces on the non-federation quota choose carefully.
If I remember correctly at Newcastle he threw a stupid offload on the 3 rd tackle in our own half which led to the welsby try followed by a second saints try from kick off essentially costing us that game 😭. Fair enough tho i think I remember him having a decent game. Replacement is easy. Convert kpp into his actual position where his strengths can be used have isa as back up and fill junior in for a few games which is what I’m guessing will happen considering he’s making it onto all the posters and videos. Next year we’ll have a foreign quota spot, all is sorted. All while freeing up a few hundred k on the cap
So you think that will make us a better team?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:04 am

At Newcastle. Now, can you give me names of players that we can adequately replace him with? And, due to the fact that we have no spaces on the non-federation quota choose carefully.
If I remember correctly at Newcastle he threw a stupid offload on the 3 rd tackle in our own half which led to the welsby try followed by a second saints try from kick off essentially costing us that game 😭. Fair enough tho i think I remember him having a decent game. Replacement is easy. Convert kpp into his actual position where his strengths can be used have isa as back up and fill junior in for a few games which is what I’m guessing will happen considering he’s making it onto all the posters and videos. Next year we’ll have a foreign quota spot, all is sorted. All while freeing up a few hundred k on the cap
We definitely won’t be worse off. Why is John having meetings with Tim sheens when he promised he wouldn’t break another contract. Why is he going back on his word when he’s been recorded on podcasts saying he wants to pay back Wigan for showing faith into getting him back and helping him settle back in with his family over here. Do you honestly think it’s worth trying to convince him to stay ?
Charriots Offiah

Of course we will be worse off. If you are using that logic then why keep KPP. Do you honestly think that Bateman is the only player that has had a meeting with the Australians?
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:35 am

We definitely won’t be worse off. Why is John having meetings with Tim sheens when he promised he wouldn’t break another contract. Why is he going back on his word when he’s been recorded on podcasts saying he wants to pay back Wigan for showing faith into getting him back and helping him settle back in with his family over here. Do you honestly think it’s worth trying to convince him to stay ?
hes never broke a contract
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dreamteam wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:13 pm

We’ve obviously been watching 2 different John batemans since he’s come back. You’ve been watching the best sr itl and I’ve been watching an average SL sr. Is there a genuine split opinion on this or what? Can anyone give me one game this season u thought he was one of the best on the pitch ?
This ⬆️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Now though there has been a new development according to the Daily Telegraph which could leave Bateman’s former Wigan teammate Jackson Hastings looking for a new club immediately despite the fact he is contracted to the Tigers till the end of 2023.

This is according to the Daily Telegraph who described Hastings as the potential “odd man out.”

The Daily Telegraph reports that Hastings and Bateman aren’t the best of friends and that this could see Hastings leave the club and that potential suitors are already circling the former Wigan Warriors and Salford Red Devils halfback.

Hastings already has a fight on his hands for the number seven jersey with Luke Brooks and Adam Doueihi already at the club.

At the end of last season he was even asked to play out of position at 13. Meanwhile, Fox League recently reported that it seemed his best chance of playing seven lay outside the Tigers.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/reports- ... ate-61614/
We always knew there were some problems between Hastings & several players at the club.

He was a very overpowering person IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

pedro wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:51 am
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:35 am

hes never broke a contract
He left Canberra one year early. You can sugar coat it all you like saying there was a “ mutual agreement “ or whatever the fact is he left 1 year early. The club wanted to keep him
And he wanted to go
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:01 am Of course we will be worse off. If you are using that logic then why keep KPP. Do you honestly think that Bateman is the only player that has had a meeting with the Australians?
Kpp is seeing out his contract and leaving when it ends. A young lad who wants a crack in the nrl. Can’t knock him. If he wants to come back I’m sure we’ll be interested. Has kpp gone to aus broke a contract come back because he said he misses his daughter than gone back to Australia 2 years later. Doesn’t make any sense. All about the 💰. As for the meeting why would u agree to have a meeting with a club when you aren’t even interested in going back to that country supposedly.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think the KPP/Bateman argument needs to take into account their completely different players so yes you could replace Bateman the talent with KPP (who is a very promising player) but you cant replace bateman the player with KPP

Bateman is a dog of a player he's got niggle he will drive the ball up for days and hes like a limpet in defence. Bateman is the kinda player you need in a tight game

KPP is rangey more skillful offloading type player far more dangerous than bateman going forward but not as good in defence. It may not be as much as an issue now we have actual centres as that might help shore up the defence.

Im not saying i wouldnt let bateman go but its isnt a like for like transaction to replace him and some level of guile will be lost
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:36 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:01 am Of course we will be worse off. If you are using that logic then why keep KPP. Do you honestly think that Bateman is the only player that has had a meeting with the Australians?
Kpp is seeing out his contract and leaving when it ends. A young lad who wants a crack in the nrl. Can’t knock him. If he wants to come back I’m sure we’ll be interested. Has kpp gone to aus broke a contract come back because he said he misses his daughter than gone back to Australia 2 years later. Doesn’t make any sense. All about the 💰. As for the meeting why would u agree to have a meeting with a club when you aren’t even interested in going back to that country supposedly.
Whichever way you phrase it if Bateman leaves we will be worse off. All players meet with representatives of other clubs, including KPP, whilst under contract it is all about the money.