Byrne

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Byrne

Post by moto748 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 8:44 pm
Ipinwigan wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:29 pm Once we have Havard back, with Dupree, who was great today, Ellis and even Mago, Byrne has to be in the reserves.
He runs hard, but just doesn't take much stopping, not really offering us much, Harvie Hill is a far better prospect
Is that same Harvie Hill who cant get on when in team and down to 12men. Seems Peet disagrees.
Not so sure about that. I think Peet may have been over-cautious with Hill (and maybe Nsemba too), but I don't think that means he doesn't rate them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Ipinwigan wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:29 pm Once we have Havard back, with Dupree, who was great today, Ellis and even Mago, Byrne has to be in the reserves.
He runs hard, but just doesn't take much stopping, not really offering us much, Harvie Hill is a far better prospect
Is that same harvie hill who cant get on when in team and down to 12men. Seems peet disagrees.
Why pick him on the bench? seems perverse to me - unless Peet doesn't pick the team?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Is that same harvie hill who cant get on when in team and down to 12men. Seems peet disagrees.
It’s the sme Peet who failed to used his bench properly when down to 12 men and another forward off injured at half time. Picking a forward on the bench and nkt using him in a game like that was just dumb coaching.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 12:05 am
It’s the sme Peet who failed to used his bench properly when down to 12 men and another forward off injured at half time. Picking a forward on the bench and nkt using him in a game like that was just dumb coaching.
Yep, not sure whats going on there - hopefully its a learning curve for the coaching team.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

His effort for the Mulhern try I think it was, was absolutely diabolical.

That said I thought in his first stint he ran a lot harder than normal. Still not good enough at the moment. Next season if we have :

Cooper
Dupree
Hill
Havard
Walters
Ellis

I don't think he will have cause to play too much
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:59 am His effort for the Mulhern try I think it was, was absolutely diabolical.

That said I thought in his first stint he ran a lot harder than normal. Still not good enough at the moment. Next season if we have :

Cooper
Dupree
Hill
Havard
Walters
Ellis

Chan?
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:54 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:59 am His effort for the Mulhern try I think it was, was absolutely diabolical.

Cooper
Dupree
Hill
Havard
Walters
Ellis

Chan?
Back row
josie andrews

Wigan Warriors prop to be rested ahead of Hull KR clash: ‘He’s been playing pretty busted’

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors head coach Matt Peet admits that Liam Byrne is likely to be rested for Friday’s Super League clash with Hull KR.

He also confirmed that duo Sam Powell and Ethan Havard are close to making their returns from their respective injuries.

Ireland international Byrne, 23, has made 20 appearances for the Warriors so far in 2023, having been handed the number 10 shirt ahead of the season’s kick-off.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wi ... tty-busted
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Wigan Warriors prop to be rested ahead of Hull KR clash: ‘He’s been playing pretty busted’

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 5:28 pm

He also confirmed that duo Sam Powell and Ethan Havard are close to making their returns from their respective injuries.

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/wi ... tty-busted
Let's hope they learned from last years semi final 8-)
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

widdenoldboy wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 11:23 pm
Why pick him on the bench? seems perverse to me - unless Peet doesn't pick the team?
Exactly the same as Paul Wellens did v Leigh in their semi final.