wigan warriors up for sale

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: wigan warriors up for ...

Post by GeoffN »

Paul Jewell:
"People's persona of Wigan is that it's probably the least attractive club in the Premiership..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 652357.stm

Says it all, really.
Markus35

Post by Markus35 »

'Paul Jewell:
"People's persona of Wigan is that it's probably the least attractive club in the Premiership'

But still Latics average attendences are higher than the Warriors!

And they have 3000 more season ticket holders.

Not bad for an unattractive club.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

This is drifting off topic into a thread blocking scenario...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Markus35 posted:
'Paul Jewell:
"People's persona of Wigan is that it's probably the least attractive club in the Premiership'

But still Latics average attendences are higher than the Warriors!

And they have 3000 more season ticket holders.

Not bad for an unattractive club.
But he's not comparing them with the Warriors. And neither should you be.

Reality check time -

Having a successful Premiership club has nothing to do with how much it may outshine another club in another infinitely smaller game. What matters is how it compares to other Premiership clubs. And this is the crux of Jewel's problem.

If Latics ever go under or even disappear down the tables again, it'll be nothing to do with Wigan RL. All your shouting about how financially superior they were to a local rugby league club will mean nothing to your real rivals - the other Premiership club, who in many ways are beating Latics out of sight.

Don't take comfort from having better stats to quote than Wigan RL. Despite the attitude of a huge percentage of your fellow Latics fans, it's not us you're trying to compete with.

The fact that you seem determined not to understand this is what makes me suspicious about you.
wiganstripleL

Post by wiganstripleL »

who is this clown atall? he registered on a rugby forum preaching about his love for wigan athletic bla bla!i find it sad that there main rivals are a team that dont even play the same sport!if he wants to mention crowds please would he tell me where all these so called latics fans where before they got in the prem??they are the only football club i know where they moan about the prices and then when they get reduced the crowds go down even more!come on chris huchings do what paul jewell failed to do and get them relegated!!
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

here here triple
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Its pretty obvious were this is going he as only made 20 posts 14 of them are along this thread in some weakly veiled disguise of being a rugby fan .
If you are a fan of both you would not compare , ok he may go to some games watch on tv but a fan , a true fan would not have posted what he has on this thread .
Football is a game I have always enjoyed both to play and watch but not any more I'm past playing and cant be bothered to watch as it has become almost a non contact sport , if its what lights your candle fine go and watch it as for me I would rather lick p**s off a nettle .

:conf:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

sorry weeeeeee off a nettle :blush:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Yet another "trojan horse" troll - tries to pretend to be a RL fan and then preaches about nothing but sodding football.

Personally I couldn't care if the latics started playing on a fully operational deathstar against an Imperial Emperors first 15 - the sport would still bore me to tears.

If you want to talk about football there must be better places to do it than this - try a football website - or failing that a pub; at least then you might find someone who shares your passion - or do you go on the Verve website and say how many more fans you get at matches than Richard Ashcroft gets at his concerts?

The majority of people on here are probably more inclined to watch the international series of basket weaving than sit through 90 minutes of highlighted haired prima donnas doing swan dives. Beautiful game my sainted trousers! :D
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Poster

Post by Poster »

For my sins as a life long Wigan supporter and season ticket holder,way back from the days of the Hen Pen at CP, I was invited to, and went, to a prawn sandwich do at the Latics and to watch the match, never again. Lets be honest the quality and style of football they put out was dire. I am convinced that the vast majority of 'home' fans are really there to watch the oposition. How many of their fan base goes back to Springfield Park ? :blush: :blush: