take over completed!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lucky 13

Re: take over offical!!

Post by lucky 13 »

Still expect a couple of new faces , we may lose one or two fringe players Hill /Tomkins and may ship a couple of young players out on loan , which would give us room for 2 decent players, no reason we can not challenge injuries permitting but that goes for everyone in the cap era .
Oh yes my glass is half full :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

lucky 13 posted:
Still expect a couple of new faces , we may lose one or two fringe players Hill /Tomkins and may ship a couple of young players out on loan , which would give us room for 2 decent players, no reason we can not challenge injuries permitting but that goes for everyone in the cap era .
Like you my glass is half full but not all doom and gloom we challenged the best teams in the playoffs the team needs tweeking with like you said 2 new players and hope we dont have injuries .
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
lucky 13 posted:
Like you my glass is half full but not all doom and gloom we challenged the best teams in the playoffs the team needs tweeking with like you said 2 new players and hope we dont have injuries .
Well to empty that glass a bit what happens if we get any injuries?

If Barrett had got injured for any length of time in 2007 it is my view we would have been with Salford not in the playoffs.

The juggling about with the squad you are doing gives us a 1st 17, just about but no depth.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

I think the starting 17 for next season will be weaker than this season....with less cover.
Kat

Post by Kat »

mano posted:
Because nobby would block any move to bring him back.
Yes, but why? Obviously there's a bit of history behind them if that's the case, but what exactly is it?
pedro

Post by pedro »

He play for the East and his son is called Harry
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

DaveO posted:
jaws1 posted:
lucky 13 posted:

If Barrett had got injured for any length of time in 2007 it is my view we would have been with Salford not in the playoffs.

The juggling about with the squad you are doing gives us a 1st 17, just about but no depth.

Dave
DaveO posted:
jaws1 posted:
lucky 13 posted:

Dave
Dave
I agree with you but the hands are tied what can you do there is only money for £140.000 worth of players do we buy 4 fringe players at £35.000 grand each or a class centre and a fringe player .If you heard IL interview he said that we would promote from within the club.O'Carroll ,Stanton , Hill were little used last season .Injuries can happen at any time we were very fortunate not too have many last season and yes if Trent got injured early doors we would be in the muck.Fortunately next season there would be no relegation franchise year after.Which IL said that he would bring in "Marque players"for the 2009 season .When the mess of ML can be scooped up and put on the compost heap until then we have to bite the bullet and be patient.
The club is in a transition period IL cant work wonders overnight .
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

spot on jaws. its becoming evident how much of a mess doris is leaving us in. i was amazed by some people's comments on here after IL give his first press conferance. the guy got slated.if he's hands are tied and there isnt money available for wages then there aint alot he can do.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

standishwarrior posted:
spot on jaws. its becoming evident how much of a mess doris is leaving us in. i was amazed by some people's comments on here after IL give his first press conferance. the guy got slated.if he's hands are tied and there isnt money available for wages then there aint alot he can do.
Until the end of next season when a lot of contracts are up and can be re-negotiated what can you do in the meantime .From what i have seen of IL he is committed to our cause from the interview on Radio Manchester he said he will be here 2 1/2 days a week he more or less wrote next season off and said that we would kick on in 2009.
Why he is getting slatted beggars belief he did say that he had the money to buy players but its the SALARY cap thats restraining him and his hands are tied.I know the fans at Wigan want success and will be forthcoming in the future .Some fans are saying that they are not renewing their season tickets because we are not signing any new players .Whose fault is this its not the new chairmans fault bad management over the last couple of years has brought us into this prediciment .I say to those fans who are not renewing do we want to support our team like we have for the last couple of seasons when the team has salary cap issues .Next season Wigan Warriors needs the support to kick on the year after.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

jaws1 posted:
standishwarrior posted:
Until the end of next season when a lot of contracts are up and can be re-negotiated what can you do in the meantime .From what i have seen of IL he is committed to our cause from the interview on Radio Manchester he said he will be here 2 1/2 days a week he more or less wrote next season off and said that we would kick on in 2009.
Why he is getting slatted beggars belief he did say that he had the money to buy players but its the SALARY cap thats restraining him and his hands are tied.I know the fans at Wigan want success and will be forthcoming in the future .Some fans are saying that they are not renewing their season tickets because we are not signing any new players .Whose fault is this its not the new chairmans fault bad management over the last couple of years has brought us into this prediciment .I say to those fans who are not renewing do we want to support our team like we have for the last couple of seasons when the team has salary cap issues .Next season Wigan Warriors needs the support to kick on the year after.
Great post Matey!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."