Catalans Dragons v Wigan Warriors

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: Catalans Dragons v Wigan W...

Post by butt monkey »

gillysmyhero wrote:
God wrote:Oh there he is, have another 4 points.

Sack Fielden, absolutly awful.

God why are you singling out certain players for very stinging personal attacks, i seem to remember you critising people on here for doing the exact same.
Well he is God! He to is entitled to change his opinion as much as anyone else is.

Why is there such a "snobbish" attitude prevalent on this board at the moment? It's almost as though some on here were "praying" for Wigan to lose, just so though could justify their various criticisms.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Having read through the whole of this thread I cant understand why some people are putting Phelps down. Like Al i was there and thought Phelps played very well for his debut and his try in the corner was something colbon couldn't have done. He seems to be quick, shifty and looking for options with and without the ball. Shame we had Mathers playing. Just hope Noble starts him against Castleford.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I only watched it on TV (in a VERY crowded pub!), but I don't understand all the criticism of Fielden. It was the back row forwards that were letting us down in defence. Admittedly losing Hock was a blow, but I don't think I've ever seen so many holes in our midfield defence.

platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

At last! someone who saw it how it really was Geoffn ,not because they have some gripe which clouds everything else. :eusa2:
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

platt-warrior wrote:At last! someone who saw it how it really was Geoffn ,not because they have some gripe which clouds everything else. :eusa2:

some people aren't reading what the point is!

we ARE NOT singally (sp?) blaming him for the defeat! but his generally poor performances are wearing thin! and it so goes that its this week most of us have had enough!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

but if he didn't have such a bad match this week, how can the point be that his poor performances are wearing thin?

What is wearing thin is the constant negativity and whining of a lot of people on this board, we've got some of the most fickle fans in the league. If we were all asked at the start of the season, if we would have been happy with finishing in 3rd or 4th place at the end of the season, I suspect the vast majority would have said yes. Yet now when we are playing like a 4th placed team everyone is complaining.
They keep going on about consistency and this that and the other, yet how many teams outside the top two or possibly three have been consistent this year or in past years? The consistent teams finish top, the less consistent vie for places from 3rd or 4th down depending on playing staff and their teams results. If we were consistent we would probably finish in the top two teams in the league, having said that, I think we are improving slowly (although some fans either can't, or refuse to acknowledge that). Don't get me wrong, there are a few things that the team and the club doing that are really frustrating me at the moment and I also have a few minor concerns over selection and recruitment policy. However, we've got what we've got as a team and as so called fans of this great club, we should be getting behind the team and trying to concentrate on the positives instead of dwelling on the negatives.

Just to go off on a tangent, but it's sort of relevant in this case. I went to see a sports psychologist about my golf game and he said that I probably get home from a round of golf and replay the whole round over again in my head, he was correct, I do, as do nearly all golfers.
His advice was that I just pick out the three best shots of my round and replay them over and over in my head. If I do this after each round, this will eventually lead to greater confidence and (hopefully) an improved game. There was also a lot more stuff that he said but I'll not bore you with that now.

In the case of us as fans of Wigan, should we not concentrate on the better parts of our games? ie, Feka running 60 metres at Leeds, Phelps scoring a good mid range try at Catalans, Richards scored a good try from a good build up, but hardly anyone has mentioned this. If we do concentrate on the positive aspects of the team and its performances, then we may actually realise that we possibly aren't playing quite as bad as some on this board seem to think we are doing.
I'm not saying don't be frustrated and angry that we lost and that our defence made a lot of errors, but is there really any need to go on about it quite as much as we are doing this season.

Remember, concentrate on the positives. :)

FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

But you haven't taken into account that we are Wigan and thereofre are entitled to win every game and have the best players in every position (regardless of the cap).
Doesn't matter who we sign either on the field or in the background, some will never be happy and pick holes in everthing.
For me, it's more around ball control and silly penalties. Somehow, I can't see BN or any other coach spending sessions in training on how not to give a penalty or how not to drop the ball.
Complete our sets, cut out the stupid pens and the results will come.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wigan fans are not fickle. They are educated and hence discerning. They know the difference between quality RL and garbage. Whatsmore they want expansive, stylish RL.

Completing sets, giving away less penalties is all well and good but it will not win anything.

I defy anybody to name more than 3 games when Wigan have played to such a standard this season that they came away at the end thinking wow that was some game of quality RL.
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Damn it, a flaw in my theory.
Stats Wigan Leeds Stains Dragons
errors 149 193 179 178
pens 151 152 119 180
reds 1 0 1 0
yellow 4 1 0 9

Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

cpwigan wrote:Wigan fans are not fickle. They are educated and hence discerning. They know the difference between quality RL and garbage. Whatsmore they want expansive, stylish RL.

Completing sets, giving away less penalties is all well and good but it will not win anything.

I defy anybody to name more than 3 games when Wigan have played to such a standard this season that they came away at the end thinking wow that was some game of quality RL.
9th Feb at Quins
1st March against Bulls
5th April at Leeds
20th April against Pia (honest)
12 May against Haven (OK, discount Pia, but give me this one for the desire to get the ton)
16th May against Wire
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered