No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Owd Codger

Re: No Eel Deal for Lee Mossop or Gareth Hock.

Post by Owd Codger »

Where has IL stated that Hock will be returning to Wigan when he finishes playing in Australia. All I have heard him mention is Mossop.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I agree with you i do think he is one of the most talented players of his generation but has that 1 thing ala Suarez which stops him from being one of the all time greats. But i hope the deal with Parrammatta works for him but as you say he is homesick in Widnes. If thats true i would rather we sign him than Wire takes him before next season is over.[/quote]

Your right has and still does does let himself down. But he is a 100% Wigan lad that wears his head on his sleaves and loves Wigan with a passion.This is the reason Wigan are doing so well this season with the young lads. Is that there dream is to play for there home town club and will sweat blood to keep there dream alive.Farrel is a perfect example.If wigan had 13 with the same passion as Hock they would be one hell of a side.Then to be forced to go out to play for another sl club is a bitter pill for him to swollow.

W.W the contract arrangements where for both players and will be the same for any other Wigan player that they let go to australia.That is IL vision and expects at least 50% to come back.There is no gaurantee that Mossop will come back.Only a thought.Imo Tompkins will go to australia at the end of next season for 2 years with the proviso he comes back to complete his last 2 years of his contract with Wigan.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

The difference being Mossop and Hock being that the former has stated in the media he would to return to Wigan while the latter made it clear at the beginning of the the season, it no longer wish to play for Wigan.

Time some face the fact that club do not want him back and neither do the majority of supporters.

Team spirit has also improved since Hock left and his absence has hardly been noticed with the way that Farrell has fill his position.

keptinthedarkfans

Time some face the fact that club do not want him back and neither do the majority of supporters.

Team spirit has also improved since Hock left and his absence has hardly been noticed with the way that Farrell has fill his position.

[/quote]
Time you faced some FACTS.The club do want him back.The club speak to him on a regular basis but present circumstances mean it is better for all concerned plus club gain financialy. That he has a spell in Australia.Wigan are not going to let Hock go to Parramata to get better and more experience come back in his pomp and let him go to a rival SL team.Neither do the vast majority of Wigan fans. Has for team spirit that has never been a issue this season or last season but that is due to the young lads coming in and feeding of the experience of seasoned pros.They are a solid player unit that includes Hock.Now that is fact because I have seen it first hand.Your not a saints fan or Sean Long in disguise are you.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote: Time some face the fact that club do not want him back and neither do the majority of supporters.

Time you faced some FACTS.The club do want him back.The club speak to him on a regular basis but present circumstances mean it is better for all concerned plus club gain financialy. That he has a spell in Australia.Wigan are not going to let Hock go to Parramata to get better and more experience come back in his pomp and let him go to a rival SL team.Neither do the vast majority of Wigan fans. Has for team spirit that has never been a issue this season or last season but that is due to the young lads coming in and feeding of the experience of seasoned pros.They are a solid player unit that includes Hock.Now that is fact because I have seen it first hand.Your not a saints fan or Sean Long in disguise are you. [/quote]

For some fans its a black and white matter. Hock is the bad guy so we should not have him again. IL is no idiot as an owner he is more than likely the best in Super League and he knows that Hock will not see his 2 years out in the NRL due to as you say Homesick.

Seems from what you have said things are getting a bit amicable between the Club and Hock and if it can be sorted out then i can also see him coming back at the end of next season.

Most on here post from a point of rumours and innuendo but most if not all you have has been correct. So i see no point in doubting you at all. Though in the future i will query somethings you know a lot more than 99.9% on here.
keptinthedarkfans

Thanks for that.I probably read to much into some of the posts every one has a different handle on Wigan and players I am a passionate Rugby fan bought my first season ticket over 45 years ago (2/6p for hen pen through school)I have family and good friends who have played and still playing at all levels of Rugby league including SL and championship.So a lot of my posts are not guess work but normal everyday talk that present and past players. discuss nothing secretive.Although I do get told things in confidence and would not break a confidence and spoil frendships for a discushion board.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Gimble, I am led to believe does not even have a clause to return to Wigan after 2 years in the NRL. Gaz Hock will never return to Wigan whilst Waney is the coach.
keptinthedarkfans

cpwigan wrote:Gimble, I am led to believe does not even have a clause to return to Wigan after 2 years in the NRL. Gaz Hock will never return to Wigan whilst Waney is the coach.
Sorry CP You ar wrong Wigan have first option on each player and terms have been agreed.And will have with any other player that they release before the end of any contract they have with Wigan.(of course this only applies if they come back to England) As for him not playing For wigan while Wane is there.They may have seats booked on same plane sitting next to each other going to Australia. :wink:
keptinthedarkfans

Missed something off CP. I think We both know more than our fair share concerning Hock but for ever is a long time and time a great healer. Never say never.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We will have to agree to disagree on this one KITD. IMO, Gaz Hock has no 2 year clause and I can never imagine Gaz Hock and Waney sat next to each other anywhere.