Wane not interested in NRL players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Wane not interested in NRL players

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I have never said they can / will. Wane did and you agreed because Wane said it! not CPW :lol: To play along though, Todd Carney? Terry Campese? I could go on, it is also easier to discover relative unknowns even today. It was easier with winter RL to attract players either way but even now it is possible. The main selling point being to extend careers on softer English grounds, less demanding RL and the cultural experience. We are not going to return to winter RL but a rise in the cap would help. You are incredibly defeatist WW :roll: I would not like to stood next to you in a time of crisis, you would be waving your white flag before a shot had even been fired.
Exactly the type of comment that some come out with when they are not having all their own way.

And for the record not a defeatist, just like many other supporters facing the reality that things are not like they used to be in the era that you appear to be still living in.

Keep watching the video's!
You are warped ww. You said it is not possible to sign NRL players, I gave you the evidence without even having to think. If you are going to debate then you need to step up becase at the moment your going around in circles and making meaningless comments.
Never said that it is impossible to sign NRL players, only those at their peak for the reasons stated, so why try to twist things.

And there is no need to get personal with others whenever you are not having your own way with your opinions. Some have been suspended for less.

p.s. The only flag I wave is a black and white checkered one when we win a trophy!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It's not took long to get back to the continual sniping again :(

Give it a rest please, it's extremely repetitive & very boring for other members of the forum.

It's not debate or discussion, it's simply trying to get one up on the other poster

This is not aimed at any one individual BTW!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:It's not took long to get back to the continual sniping again :(

Give it a rest please, it's extremely repetitive & very boring for other members of the forum.

It's not debate or discussion, it's simply trying to get one up on the other poster

Josie, I have not been the one making personal comments on the thread so perhaps it should be said to the person concerned.

Implying that a poster has a 'warped mind' being a example.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

CP, all he has said is that he is not interested in any NRL players this season or next and in an ideal world would have 17 local lads in the team, is that statement really courting the media and/or asinine?

Or is saying that the teams of the 80's and 90's having a strong nucleus of local players and Wigan lads again courting the media and/or asinine?

From the team lists you supplied the CC team did seem to have a local/Wigan feel to it but obviously far from the full 17 being local/Wigan lads.

The phrase 'mountain out of a mole hill' springs to mind!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:It's not took long to get back to the continual sniping again :(

Josie, I have not been the one making personal comments on the thread so perhaps it should be said to the person concerned.

Implying that a poster has a 'warped mind' being a example.
That's one of the reasons I made the post!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I blame the person who started the thread
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE