Wane without a whole team!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
doc

Re: Wane without a whole team!!

Post by doc »

Nezza Faz wrote:Think if we beat Swinton, we'll have to be Away in the next round, even if we get a Home tie - pitch being dug up.
IL said on Wigan TV that if we get a home draw it will probably be played at Leigh.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

moto748 wrote:Surely the difference between us and Leeds and Hudds is, Leeds' senior players have either retired, or are getting on. Hudds rely heavily on Brough, who is, what, 34? Lockers aside, we have a young squad with their best years in front of them, something neither of the other two can say.
And to think Leeds have it all to go through again when JJB,Maguire and Burrows decide to retire
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
LORENZO wrote:With our injury list I feel there is a danger of falling into a decline like Leeds and Huddersfield. They both have pretty good teams but that did not stop them having a disastrous season last year, and one from which Huddersfield have still to recover despite having a good team on paper. Leeds are also struggling to recover old ground.

We have gone through this before and we need to be very careful.
We just need to get through the next month without any further injuries (serious ones) and stay close to the top four. We are due to get some major players back in June and a good quarter-final draw could make Wembley realistic as well as making the top four a good possibility. In the interim, I fear we will have to take some defeats on the chin!
Completly agree with what you're saying but it seems at the moment the side can barely get through a half without losing anyone.

Long term i have no worries at all if the solution is found to these injuries but i suspect we may have our silverware for this season already won,but fingers crossed and all of that.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
LORENZO wrote:With our injury list I feel there is a danger of falling into a decline like Leeds and Huddersfield. They both have pretty good teams but that did not stop them having a disastrous season last year, and one from which Huddersfield have still to recover despite having a good team on paper. Leeds are also struggling to recover old ground.

We have gone through this before and we need to be very careful.
We just need to get through the next month without any further injuries (serious ones) and stay close to the top four. We are due to get some major players back in June and a good quarter-final draw could make Wembley realistic as well as making the top four a good possibility. In the interim, I fear we will have to take some defeats on the chin!
Completly agree with what you're saying but it seems at the moment the side can barely get through a half without losing anyone.

Long term i have no worries at all if the solution is found to these injuries but i suspect we may have our silverware for this season already won,but fingers crossed and all of that.
I still think that we will be there or thereabouts.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I would like to be optimistic but am struggling. With all of these injuries you have then risk that they will recur, that the player will never be the same again and then the inevitable period of easing back in. Unless we find some solutions we will massively under achieve considering the quality of our squad...
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Without being alarmist, is anyone slightly concerned about the Swinton Cup match at the weekend ?

Just because of the likely strength, or lack of, the potential line-up against a Championship side, admittedly, but one that beat Huddersfield in the last round (Away) where the Giants also fielded a weakened side ?

I see Swinton yesterday beat Toulouse, one of the favourites in their League going for promotion to SL, who they themselves beat Hull KR a week or so ago - and they were the favourites to return to SL.

Is a banana skin awaiting, on a ground we've never played at before, against a side in good form, with nothing to lose except claiming a massive scalp ?
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

This season is a right off, it has all gone tits up, best to get everybody fit and healthy and ready for next season :exc:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wormburner wrote:This season is a right off, it has all gone tits up, best to get everybody fit and healthy and ready for next season :exc:
Same was said last year, look how that turned out! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:
moto748 wrote:Surely the difference between us and Leeds and Hudds is, Leeds' senior players have either retired, or are getting on. Hudds rely heavily on Brough, who is, what, 34? Lockers aside, we have a young squad with their best years in front of them, something neither of the other two can say.
And to think Leeds have it all to go through again when JJB,Maguire and Burrows decide to retire
Yes, that's just what I meant.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wormburner wrote:This season is a right off, it has all gone tits up, best to get everybody fit and healthy and ready for next season :exc:
Same was said last year, look how that turned out! :wink:
We were not this bad last year though was we, i am really worried that we will end up being the laughing stock again :(
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise