If We Lose Tonight

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wintergreen

Re: If We Lose Tonight

Post by Wintergreen »

Well that was a shocker.

Far too many issues to focus on but my top 3:

1. Tries- no structure, rely on individual efforts.

2. Tackles- no organisation again rely on individual effort.

3. Joe Burgess. What on earth has happened to the lad? Where has his pace gone?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wintergreen wrote:Well that was a shocker.

Far too many issues to focus on but my top 3:

1. Tries- no structure, rely on individual efforts.

2. Tackles- no organisation again rely on individual effort.

3. Joe Burgess. What on earth has happened to the lad? Where has his pace gone?
Joe is playing on one leg, early in the season he was flying.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
acwrlfc

Post by acwrlfc »

in regard to Wigan Road I just want to see our "big" players playing more. It seems to me that for whatever reasons we continually have strains \pull outs. Why? Lockers being a perfect and disappointing example. We for some reason are facing massive problems regarding injuries and to cover it with stats like he played some games in the NRL isn't relevant
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Our pack tonight reminds me of 1980 when we got relegated with Steve Breheney ,Terry Hollingsworth ,Billy Melling in the pack.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
captinjack wrote:
pearsy wrote:Ashamed of being a Wigan fan .Wane most go and several players as well
Starting with that dolopper Sam Tomkins. What a waste of a marquee signing he was. Getting money for doing S.F.A.
We need him back big time, it is no coincidence that our form improved tremendously when he was in our ranks in 2016. Sam is a class act and a proven winner. Losing tonight wasn't down to him so why bring him in for criticism.
Sam \Tomkins has been pants since mid 2013, he is not going to be our magical saviour when he comes back
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Can he even get back to that level in time for the deadline
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Road wrote:BTW are we not as to blame as all Wigan fans, we endorse a SL with a 1 game GF, we were happy to disregard the LLS with our blessing because we wanted a GF, a WCC victory over an NRL team still in their pre season. We got what we chose, wanted. No use complaining now? mayve we should do what Meds does watch RL on free streams until the money train runs up.
I don't recall getting a say in the matter. Some fans at the time of the change were all for it, mostly those who saw it as a way of ending Wigan's dominance but even they didn't get a vote either!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Road wrote:Nobody has ever complained though Dave
To whom and who is listening?

Apparently Wigan monitor this forum and rlfans. I am sure other clubs do the same for their forums and while IL and Wigan were not in favour of the super 8's I don't see any opposition to the GF format from clubs despite it cropping up as a topic pretty regularly on various forums.
Whitfield's tie ups

Post by Whitfield's tie ups »

Just an introduction I'm a Wigan fan of near on 40 years and a long time browser of this site.For what its worth this is my thoughts on the team and coaching staff this year. My main gripe is I have never seen a Wigan team with such lack of basic core skills.A complete lack of game management and the last play options which wouldn't look out of place on a u12 team.Discussing Wane I also feel that his greatest strength being a Wiganer through and through will also be his downfall.I feel it needs a cold dispassionate eye to take a look at the club from top to bottom to see what needs to be improved. Wanes obsession with players and staff with a Wigan postcode whilst noble is stiffling and smacks of jobs for the boys.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wigan Road wrote:BTW are we not as to blame as all Wigan fans, we endorse a SL with a 1 game GF, we were happy to disregard the LLS with our blessing because we wanted a GF, a WCC victory over an NRL team still in their pre season. We got what we chose, wanted. No use complaining now? mayve we should do what Meds does watch RL on free streams until the money train runs up.
I pay for SKY