Semi Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Semi Squad

Post by Firestarter »

At the rate MM is getting back too his best ide find it hard too think ov a better hooker replacement in the world in my very honest opinion......his defence alone gets the team buzzing....... he also seems too gee the lads up for quick plays( unlike powell)....... our players seem too see him as a leader
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote:At the rate MM is getting back too his best ide find it hard too think ov a better hooker replacement in the world in my very honest opinion...

Steady on now! :lol:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not saying he can't play 80 but don't think Wane spells him for the fun of it. I am guessing Wane thinks he is only effective in short spells but it'd be good to find out.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Two contrasting styles. It's a bit like cricket when you put on the spinners, get the other team used to that speed, then put on a quickie to try and upset them.

Sorry to those that don't get that analogy!
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Wintergreen wrote:Two contrasting styles. It's a bit like cricket when you put on the spinners, get the other team used to that speed, then put on a quickie to try and upset them.

Sorry to those that don't get that analogy!
It doesn't work though does it
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

moto748 wrote:
Firestarter wrote:At the rate MM is getting back too his best ide find it hard too think ov a better hooker replacement in the world in my very honest opinion...

I think he means replacement as in a 2nd choice out there that can play up to the standard of MM? Maybe I am wrong however!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
moto748 wrote:

I think he means replacement as in a 2nd choice out there that can play up to the standard of MM? Maybe I am wrong however!
yes coz i dont really rate MM that highly :doz:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I did mean a starting hooker and hopefully( not that i want powell banned)MM can go and do an 80 min stint at headingley and prove all the doubters wrong
Warrior Gilfedder

Post by Warrior Gilfedder »

Firestarter wrote:I did mean a starting hooker and hopefully( not that i want powell banned)MM can go and do an 80 min stint at headingley and prove all the doubters wrong
One game is not a season :cool:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:I am not saying he can't play 80 but don't think Wane spells him for the fun of it.
You are joking? Wane will make a substitution at around the 20 minutes mark every game. If he has a hooker on the bench the one who is on the pitch will most likely be the player to come off. Whoever it is.

Hull in the final have a coach smart enough to expect this to happen and will be ready.