george williams to australia

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian b

Re: george williams to australia

Post by ian b »

williams and lam together would be good i reckon
bertina

Post by bertina »

No straw damn us wrote:
thegimble wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Who is better than Williams, particularly at that age.
Is there an age cap now.

Sorry but age has nothing to do with it. He is not developing as he should. Just remember Kevin Brown played in the world cup and picked before Williams.
So would you rather have Kevin Brown? As for Lachlan Lam, have you ever seen him play? I remember him playing in the Aussie schools side over here a few years back and he went o.k. but England beat them. IIRC Jake Shorrocks got the better of Lam.
What has a few years back got to do with now.??
Some players kick on from junior level some don’t.
Apart from in the World Cup for PNG I haven’t seen him play, but to get selected for state of origin he must be doin something right, don’t you think.?
Cooper Cronk and Luke Keary are the first choice halves at the roosters, so he’s in good company.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

If Williams is "so poor" why the interest from Australia?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

No straw damn us wrote:
thegimble wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Who is better than Williams, particularly at that age.
Is there an age cap now.

Sorry but age has nothing to do with it. He is not developing as he should. Just remember Kevin Brown played in the world cup and picked before Williams.
So would you rather have Kevin Brown? As for Lachlan Lam, have you ever seen him play? I remember him playing in the Aussie schools side over here a few years back and he went o.k. but England beat them. IIRC Jake Shorrocks got the better of Lam.
Bennett did.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Since he had his debut and came into the first team Williams has been playing with handcuffs on. He's had to be the star man from day one because he got little help from Smith who was busy treading water and no help from Powell who was busy treading Blackpool beach!
In a nutshell Williams is the best half back in our squad and every team in Super League would have him!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote:If Williams is "so poor" why the interest from Australia?
His agent?

Who knows really
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

fozzieskem wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:If Williams is "so poor" why the interest from Australia?
His agent?

Who knows really
Im pretty sure they would look for information either from ex players who are now in SL or coaches. At the very least watch footage of him and make their own judgments? If you look at NRL the ability to unlock "D" is well valued even though many think Williams is off the boil I do believe that may be down to our one dimensional attack, even so he still is near the top with assists consistently.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

lucky 13 wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
His agent?

Who knows really
Im pretty sure they would look for information either from ex players who are now in SL or coaches. At the very least watch footage of him and make their own judgments? If you look at NRL the ability to unlock "D" is well valued even though many think Williams is off the boil I do believe that may be down to our one dimensional attack, even so he still is near the top with assists consistently.
Aussie scouts are over here permanently.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

They took sarge and he is very poor.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

old hooker wrote:
They took sarge and he is very poor.
They also took richie mathers and scott moore - they arent infallible and often they take punts, josh hodgson was a nobody when he went over likewise Mike Cooper.

Williams for me is an Albert Kelly type player, put him with a steady 7 who manages the game and he is deadly - give him the responsibility of managing the game and he is bang average

Richardson is better than Williams btw
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure