Wigan squad for Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Flash

Re: Wigan squad for Salford

Post by Flash »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:10 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:14 pm Watching Channel 4 when I got home it was clear as daylight that the reason we bombed two tries in the last 15 minutes were dreadful passes from Field, he needs to be put on a punishment detail just throwing out passes until he can do it to the point that he doesn't also throw a cut-out pass to the winger which drops short when we have a 4 on 1 overlap.I
Loved the 78th minute try but Peet can keep the try scoring fiver in his pocket a bit longer for me.
Both passes were not the best but were absolutely catchable and the wingers should have been better prepared.
I agree Nathan. I've said for a while that our wingers tend to play a little too flat and we bomb quite a few chances as a result. Half a yard further back and both those chances (and many more over the years) are scored.

I think the pass to Marshall was unnecessary as the short ball to Bibby was a walk in try. However both passes could, and perhaps should, have been taken.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:14 pm Watching Channel 4 when I got home it was clear as daylight that the reason we bombed two tries in the last 15 minutes were dreadful passes from Field, he needs to be put on a punishment detail just throwing out passes until he can do it to the point that he doesn't also throw a cut-out pass to the winger which drops short when we have a 4 on 1 overlap.I
Loved the 78th minute try but Peet can keep the try scoring fiver in his pocket a bit longer for me.
Both passes were not the best but were absolutely catchable and the wingers should have been better prepared.
Watch this chat between Field, French & Offiah! He gives some insight on how to collect a bad pass 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/c4sport/status/1518 ... AMx7WisZMg
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Flash

Post by Flash »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:44 pm
Watch this chat between Field, French & Offiah! He gives some insight on how to collect a bad pass 🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/c4sport/status/1518 ... AMx7WisZMg
That's actually a very good tip!