Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Re: Bateman

Post by medlocke »

He has been mediocre for four fifths of his second stint here, I can't think of one game where he has been the difference, deal with it, let him go, he will not be missed
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:35 pm He has been mediocre for four fifths of his second stint here, I can't think of one game where he has been the difference, deal with it, let him go, he will not be missed
He will mate. Bateman and Faz are the glue.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:05 pm
medlocke wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 12:35 pm He has been mediocre for four fifths of his second stint here, I can't think of one game where he has been the difference, deal with it, let him go, he will not be missed
The glue to what 😂😂
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He will mate. Bateman the glue.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:08 pm
The glue to what 😂😂
They are both leaders whose standards set the bar high for others within the club. They lead by their example on the pitch. It is no coincidence that the current and previous coaches, both at international and club level, rate them so highly. Then again, I am sure you know better.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:10 pm

The glue to what 😂😂
They are both leaders whose standards set the bar high for others within the club. They lead by their example on the pitch. It is no coincidence that the current and previous coaches, both at international and club level, rate them so highly. Then again, I am sure you know better.
Was he leading by example in the semi final when he had 1 carry in the first half then proceeded to take sezers head off ending any chance of us coming back
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:21 pm

The glue to what 😂😂
Was he leading by example in the semi final when he had 1 carry in the first half then proceeded to take sezers head off ending any chance of us coming back
For some reason you have a biased view of Bateman, he is a top player which is recognised by his coaches and peers. Do I think Graham, Peacock, Wane, Bennett and Peet to name a few know better than you? Damn right I do. I rest my case.

To go into a new season losing Bateman and not adequately replacing him is the sort of mentality that will see us take two steps back.
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:27 pm

For some reason you have a biased view of Bateman, he is a top player which is recognised by his coaches and peers. Do I think Graham, Peacock, Wane, Bennett and Peet to name a few know better than you? Damn right I do. I rest my case.

To go into a new season losing Bateman and not adequately replacing him is the sort of mentality that will see us take two steps back.
One of the nicest lads I’ve ever met at Wigan but the club comes before anything else. Do I think John bateman is doing enough to earn marquee money at Wigan ? No. Do I think getting him off the cap as well as pocketing a few hundred grand is a good move for us ? Yes. Why aren’t we offering him a new improved deal to keep him if he’s as important as u say.
Charriots Offiah

Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:35 pm

One of the nicest lads I’ve ever met at Wigan but the club comes before anything else. Do I think John bateman is doing enough to earn marquee money at Wigan ? No. Do I think getting him off the cap as well as pocketing a few hundred grand is a good move for us ? Yes. Why aren’t we offering him a new improved deal to keep him if he’s as important as u say.
We don’t need to offer him a new deal he has a contract that runs for another 3 years. We are not discussing the club’s position we are focusing on your comment that he is not good enough for Wigan. Well that is not a view shared by those with a thorough knowledge of the game. Why is Waney picking him for England? Also, what use is the money we will pocket if we cannot spend it. Do you honestly think that KPP is better than Bateman?
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:40 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 3:35 pm

We don’t need to offer him a new deal he has a contract that runs for another 3 years. We are not discussing the club’s position we are focusing on your comment that he is not good enough for Wigan. Well that is not a view shared by those with a thorough knowledge of the game. Why is Waney picking him for England? Also, what use is the money we will pocket if we cannot spend it. Do you honestly think that KPP is better than Bateman?
He’s leaving because of the money that’s been throw at him again. If he’s so vital to us why don’t we offer him a new improved offer to keep him here instead of leaving. Waney can pick him all he likes. Last year he was outperformed by whitehead for all the second half of the season batchelor and McMeeken. All players who will be on less than John as well. If we can pocket 150-200 k for a player not performing to his salary why wouldn’t we. I told u what I would do yesterday which is likely to happen. I don’t think kpp is better than even this version of John but we’ve got a young lad coming through who will be even better this time next season and we’ll have at least one foreign quota spot and plenty of cap space to recruit a SR. Long term planning over just what we could do this season it makes sense IMO