Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
widdenoldboy

Re: Warrington v Wigan for Locker Cup

Post by widdenoldboy »

Really enjoying the balance we now have in the pack, Havard and Byrne have gone from being good prospects to dominating, big minute players and Ellis improving is allowing the other, lighter forwards to be spelled so we are always fresh. Forgot that Smithies will be back next week, so a straight swop for Singleton? If we can get Mago firing then we will be reet :) or we blood Hill when we can and not when we have to.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really pleased with the progress made in the last three games especially given the injury problems. I was disappointed that we were not ready for the Bateman situation but Shorrocks great form so far has covered for that loss. I'm really starting to think that we could challenge for the GF again, something I wasn't convinced about at the start of the season. However, I feel that we have to cover for the loss of Cooper this season if we are to maintain our challenge. I know it's hard to find somebody of suitable quality but there must be someone available somewhere. We've presently got two props playing well (Havard and Ellis) one doing O.K. (Byrne), one struggling (Singleton) and one who has played one decent game this season (Mago). Hill may be able to fill in for the odd game but we can't expect too much of him this season. If Singleton and Mago can find their best form consistently it looks like we can compete with anyone but if they don't we'll fall short. My biggest worry though is that if we get one more long term injury to a prop we'll be very stretched now that Cooper is out for the year.
Big stick

Post by Big stick »

Do we need to start considering Silvas minutes
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Are we expecting Havard to receive a ban for his late push? It was just a push but given the way the disciplinary is clamping down, a ban could be issued.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Big stick wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:44 pm Do we need to start considering Silvas minutes
I am not sure he figures in Wigan’s plans.