Fielden

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
hogg89

Re: Fielden

Post by hogg89 »

dus any 1 no if fielden will start tnite cos i jus put abet on him to score first try 33/1 bargain
Dawber

Post by Dawber »

Well surprise surprise, Warrington sign Morley and not a word was said, Wigan sign Fielden and some tosser from Wakefield (Steve Ferres) demands that we must be investigated and punished for breaking the rules?. It just gets me down that every time Wigan do something we are breaking the rules?, We cheated in the 80s ect it's all a load of crap, I was fortunate enough to watch those players from the 80s early 90s and they gave me so much pleasure week in week out and to say we cheated because we had the best players on offer is crazy, To get Fielden now is fantastic and all credit must go to B,N/D,W and Mo, And to think D,W has said there maybe more to come it makes your mouth water, I just can't wait to see Fielden run out in the cherry and white tonight, I'm almost as excited as my 13 year old son.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I agree entirely, I know it is a far fetched conception but I can't help thinking that there is a conspiracy to get us relegated. The ref virtually lost us the game against Cas and then we were robbed against Wakefield, I know if we had played better we could have still won but it just feels like everything is against us. I am sure DW and MO wouldn't risk us getting fined or points deducted by deliberately breaking the rules. No one knows the true facts of Fieldens signing and how we are paying him this year but it is certainly all above board. I think Fielden will give us that extra bit of go forward that we need and our season will hopfully kick on from last week. What gives that moronic idiot the right to say that we are cheating and are breaking the rules? He doesn't know our clubs finances or how the accounts are looking. He is probably just jealous because he knows that we will catch Wakefield and they will go down because never in a million years could they even dream of affording a player of the class of Fielden.
Rant over, just had to let of steam. :angry: :angry:

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted:[/b

This quote from the bulls chairman reminded me of something else:
"When a player tells his head coach he no longer wants to play for the club, then we are dealing with an extraordinary situation in which the club has little option but to consider letting him go," he said.

In the current era where players sign supposedly fixed term contracts where they become free agensts at the end, I think the above is a long way off the truth.

He had 18 months to go on his deal at Bradford and had Bradford been OK on the cash front I doubt they would have entertained the deal and would have told Fielden to get on with the job.

Which is what we should have done with Farrell :wink:

Dave
Whilst i agree with your sentiment, if the player doesn't want to play for you you can't force him.They may go on the field but if their heart's not in it it's pointless. Loyalty is a two way thing and i think Farrell had served Wigan fantastically and this is why he was allowed to go. Pity he wont come back to play with Fielden. Must go think i can see a rumor coming along
:thum: :lol: