Micky Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jolleymike

Re: Micky Mac

Post by jolleymike »

should have expected the three game ban, SW knew what was coming thats why he said they would fight any ban.

The lack of consistent decisions from the RFL dis board and the current batch of referees are killing the game, we are becoming more like football as the weeks go by.

It seems like one rule for one team and a completely different rule for another. I know the game is played at a far greater pace now than in previous decades and the players are arguably a lot fitter and stronger but surely the game hasn't changed that much.

Its a game played by hard men and after all is a contact sport, for me the way the game is going it will be tig rugby next.

Shocking decision by the RFL board, 1 game ban at most, child clearly only reacted to the late tackle when prompted in his ear, ive watched it a few times now and you can clearly see child put him hand to his ear as if he was receiving or listening in to a conversation.

I just wonder on saturday if Morley goes late and high on a stains player will he get a red card or if Ben Westwood does the same will he get a red card after all they've been doing it all season and have always got away with it.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cherry.pie wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Whatever way it is wrapped up, Mac got 4 matches. The RFL cannot deny that being sent off in a match does not count when they actually use the term sending off sufficient.

If consistency is going to be achieved then plenty of players will be suspended. If not, it will be a sad day for the sport. Mind you, the sanitising of the sport is equally sad.
To be fair, it was a bad one on an opponent who had turned away. Three games is the correct ban for that tackle, add to that the fact that he's already been sent off this year (admittedly that was a terrible and inconsistent call) and it's hard to argue against the decision.
Will everybody who makes similarly bad challernges receive the same punishment. We know they will not and that is why the RFL is a joke.

It will be interesting to see if Tommy or Smithy play 9
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

Stop blaming everybody else, Micky is a hot head and has got his just deserts. I was sitting directly in line with the incident and imo it was a stupid act. He's let the club, his colleagues, the supporters and, more importantly, himself, down. We have lost a major asset at the very time we need all our best players available and firing on all cylinders. IDIOT :eusa17: Oh, and by the way, he completely ruined the game.

On a positive note, I thought our captain was absolutely magnificent; what a player!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

georgeorwell wrote:Stop blaming everybody else, Micky is a hot head and has got his just deserts. I was sitting directly in line with the incident and imo it was a stupid act. He's let the club, his colleagues, the supporters and, more importantly, himself, down. We have lost a major asset at the very time we need all our best players available and firing on all cylinders. IDIOT :eusa17: Oh, and by the way, he completely ruined the game.

On a positive note, I thought our captain was absolutely magnificent; what a player!!!
Say what you mean George

I mean how can an idiot be a major asset and be one of our best players. I presume you think similarly of Hock too.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

I'm sure you can work that out for yourself cp!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Is Micky Mac the next Terry Newton, will he get more bans for this type of offence for the aggressive part of his game.
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

God wrote:This tackle was worse than Macks however this only recieved a sending off and a one match ban. With or without the ball Moa makes contact with the head so its irrelevent.

He also completely lays out Rinaldi who is unable to continue and had to be x rayed for a potential broken jaw and concussion.

If you think Macks tackle was worse than this and the aftermath then im a monkeys uncle.

[/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDN7pGor ... en[youtube][/youtube]
For me the biggest question is not about the tackle, committed or not, high or not or to the head or not, it's about the fact that both touch judges allowed play to carry on and so did the referee, for the granny basher to get the game called to a stop and then tell child what had happened is my problem with the sending off, had ganson not told child about incident the the game would have carried on. Child clearly says to ganson not the touch judges, "er yes yes I've er got it, a strike to the head from which player" so clearly he was being told by ganson what had gone on.

I'm sure some book worm will come up with a quote from the rule book about this.

Please carry on god with the examples of other players indiscretions, but I'm more than sure you won't change the mind of some posters on the forum who clearly just want to run michael mack down, i wonder if those same doubters will call him if he was to play in the grand final make a try saving tackle wining the game for warriors.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

What if the appeal fails, he could get another match????
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He got 3 games, anyone would think he'd been wrongly imprisoned for murder the way some people are going on ffs :eusa17:
Wes

Post by Wes »

God can you find and post Perrys elbow drop and TP's shoulder to the head when he got sent off. Incidentally what did TP get for that?