Scott Taylor

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: scott taylor

Post by Kittwazzer »

Signing confirmed. First interview in today's Observer tomorrow! :D
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news

Wigan Warriors announce the signing of Forward Scott Taylor from Hull KR on a Two-Year Deal for Seasons 2013 and 2014 with a further years option in the Club's favour for 2015.

Wigan have agreed a substantial settlement fee with Hull KR for the 21 year old who had nearly two years remaining on his contract at Craven Park. Taylor will join former team mate Blake Green at the DW Stadium following his recent move from Rovers.

Taylor is widely recognised as one of England's hottest young forward talents having been selected in the England Knights Squad in 2012 for the forthcoming games in the Alitalia Cup against Scotland and Ireland. Scott made his First Team debut for the Robins at the end of 2009 and was voted Hull KR's Young Player of the Year in 2011.

Speaking about the signing of Scott, Head Coach Shaun Wane said:

"I am really pleased to have secured the services of a talented British front rower like Scott. He already has a good skill set, but the coaching staff at this club will improve him and take him to another level.

"He is big athletic and skilful, perfect for what I want as a middle player. He will thrive in our environment and will be a great asset to the club going forward. I would personally like to thank the fantastic work done by Ian and Kris behind the scenes, to make this happen."

Scott Taylor added:

"I'm over the moon a team like Wigan has come in for me, they are one of the best teams in the world and this is a massive opportunity for me. Whilst growing up Wigan were always a team I followed with interest and I enjoyed watching some of the games top stars playing for. Wigan are a massive club and I can't wait to meet all my new team mates and staff at the start of pre-season. I'm still in shock that I've signed for Wigan, it's a dream come true for me.

"I really appreciate what Hull KR have done for me in the five years I've been there. The fans have been great and always been behind me. I owe a lot to the Coaches and to the Chairman Neil Hudgell for giving me the opportunities to progress with the club and become a first team player."

Ian Lenagan, Chairman, commented:

"This signing is yet another example of the excellent and mutually-respectful relationship between our two clubs with Wigan paying a transfer fee for the player in recognition of him being released early by Hull KR. Scott is a highly rated young talent who will add strength in depth to our squad for seasons to come."
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
josie andrews

Wigan Sign Scott Taylor

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors announce the signing of Forward Scott Taylor from Hull KR on a Two-Year Deal for Seasons 2013 and 2014 with a further years option in the Club's favour for 2015.

Wigan have agreed a substantial settlement fee with Hull KR for the 21 year old who had nearly two years remaining on his contract at Craven Park. Taylor will join former team mate Blake Green at the DW Stadium following his recent move from Rovers.

Taylor is widely recognised as one of England's hottest young forward talents having been selected in the England Knights Squad in 2012 for the forthcoming games in the Alitalia Cup against Scotland and Ireland. Scott made his First Team debut for the Robins at the end of 2009 and was voted Hull KR's Young Player of the Year in 2011.

Speaking about the signing of Scott, Head Coach Shaun Wane said:

"I am really pleased to have secured the services of a talented British front rower like Scott. He already has a good skill set, but the coaching staff at this club will improve him and take him to another level.

"He is big athletic and skilful, perfect for what I want as a middle player. He will thrive in our environment and will be a great asset to the club going forward. I would personally like to thank the fantastic work done by Ian and Kris behind the scenes, to make this happen."

Scott Taylor added:

"I'm over the moon a team like Wigan has come in for me, they are one of the best teams in the world and this is a massive opportunity for me. Whilst growing up Wigan were always a team I followed with interest and I enjoyed watching some of the games top stars playing for. Wigan are a massive club and I can't wait to meet all my new team mates and staff at the start of pre-season. I'm still in shock that I've signed for Wigan, it's a dream come true for me.

"I really appreciate what Hull KR have done for me in the five years I've been there. The fans have been great and always been behind me. I owe a lot to the Coaches and to the Chairman Neil Hudgell for giving me the opportunities to progress with the club and become a first team player."

Ian Lenagan, Chairman, commented:

"This signing is yet another example of the excellent and mutually-respectful relationship between our two clubs with Wigan paying a transfer fee for the player in recognition of him being released early by Hull KR. Scott is a highly rated young talent who will add strength in depth to our squad for seasons to come."

A full interview with Scott Taylor can be seen at www.wiganwarriors.com/tv

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 619&type=1
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Welcome to the club Mr Taylor.

Will someone note the contract is for two years with an option for a third in the clubs favour when we get into the inevitable discussions about what contract he did sign in a couple of years? :D
markill

Post by markill »

good news, i think he could be a very good signing if he keeps progresisng the way he has in HKR first team. Could add a lot to our attack.

Just wait for people saying he isn't as good as Lima or Fielden so why didn't we sign a state of origin player instead...
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Good young signing but if we have paid a good chunk of cash, should we have strengthened other areas like centre. We seem to have plenty of young forward quality, are we missing an experienced prop ?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Done Deal for the start of next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/19831123
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

markill wrote:good news, i think he could be a very good signing if he keeps progresisng the way he has in HKR first team. Could add a lot to our attack.

Just wait for people saying he isn't as good as Lima or Fielden so why didn't we sign a state of origin player instead...
There is nothing wrong with signing young players whether he is a good as Lima or not (which he most likely isn't at this stage in his career). Wigan has always scouted for talent and this has brought us many good players.

There is also nothing wrong with saying we still need an experienced prop and I think we do.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Great signing
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Great signing
I agree.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards