Hocky

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: Hocky

Post by cpwigan »

Kaii wrote:
cpwigan wrote:If people were sacked for being late / throwing a sickie can you imagine the unemployment total
Obviously never worked for DHL then, scumbags know they can outlast you in court and try to get a way with a lot of crap. Same goes for most big companies the RFL would wipe the floor with Hock if this went to court, he missed training so the players union wouldn't touch it since it would be fighting a losing battle.
It's a fantasy world where the weak take on the powerful and win
No reason why a players union would not defend him. The RFL are not DHL. In many respects the RFL could not afford an expensive legal case. I have seen people in education win big cases. I have had the 'misfortune' to sit in rooms with/for the big side where they have openly held up their hand and said if they know what they are doing we are screwed.

The RFL / McNamara look clueless over this episode and the RFL need it like a hole in the head given the 6 club walkout today.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

cpwigan wrote: I have had the 'misfortune' to sit in rooms with/for the big side where they have openly held up their hand and said if they know what they are doing we are screwed.
lol been there too so many times :lol: This is why its so important to read your contract of employment front to back. By the sound of it you are well aware how many people have no idea what they sign.
The Hock case though he missed training so it's a non starter, unfair but they can get away with it
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As an aside, if people have access to Wigan TV check out the Tony Clubb interview, he openly admits missing sessions, being late as he became depressed with his situation at London.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

cpwigan wrote:As an aside, if people have access to Wigan TV check out the Tony Clubb interview, he openly admits missing sessions, being late as he became depressed with his situation at London.
Is it just me or was that interview horrible, hope i'm wrong but not got high hopes for this signing. His attitude seemed all wrong
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kaii wrote:
cpwigan wrote: I have had the 'misfortune' to sit in rooms with/for the big side where they have openly held up their hand and said if they know what they are doing we are screwed.
lol been there too so many times :lol: This is why its so important to read your contract of employment front to back. By the sound of it you are well aware how many people have no idea what they sign.
The Hock case though he missed training so it's a non starter, unfair but they can get away with it
No they can not.

They must follow a set of guidelines which are stated in the contract or working regulations to the letter. I was a rep at 1 point and the amount of people who made mistakes in not following the guidelines is rather shocking.

Now if Hock has been treated unfairly and singled out compared to the other 6-7 and punished disproportionately he then can make a claim under the Equal Opportunities act. And that is a mine field.

Also the England management can take into account his previous behavior but only within the England set up. They can look at his history with England and any previous live warnings he has for bad behavior but they can not use anything Wigan have done. As that is a separate beast altogether.

I went into a meeting with an individual 6 years ago and not only was she caught red handed with minimum 2 witnesses and on more than 1 occasion using a loyalty card at work which was also a discount card for personal use she gave it to her friends whilst she was at work. Even her manager clocked her. She was totally guilty no question.

What technicality did she get to keep her job with nothing on record.

The legal manager advertised her job on 4 different areas of the work place even before the disciplinary meeting.

Basically nothing is black and white in these matters its all a matter of process and is the process done according to Working regulations and Equal Opps.

Though in Professional sports it will never get that far but is still feel if Hock goes they all should have gone.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:As an aside, if people have access to Wigan TV check out the Tony Clubb interview, he openly admits missing sessions, being late as he became depressed with his situation at London.
Listened to that again today.

Sounds like he got frustrated at losing week in week out and it affected him badly. Wane will love him with his attitude of hating to lose.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

[quote="thegimble]

Listened to that again today.

Sounds like he got frustrated at losing week in week out and it affected him badly. Wane will love him with his attitude of hating to lose.[/quote]

As will we all!
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

thegimble wrote:No they can not.

They must follow a set of guidelines which are stated in the contract or working regulations to the letter. I was a rep at 1 point and the amount of people who made mistakes in not following the guidelines is rather shocking.

Now if Hock has been treated unfairly and singled out compared to the other 6-7 and punished disproportionately he then can make a claim under the Equal Opportunities act. And that is a mine field.

Also the England management can take into account his previous behavior but only within the England set up. They can look at his history with England and any previous live warnings he has for bad behavior but they can not use anything Wigan have done. As that is a separate beast altogether.

I went into a meeting with an individual 6 years ago and not only was she caught red handed with minimum 2 witnesses and on more than 1 occasion using a loyalty card at work which was also a discount card for personal use she gave it to her friends whilst she was at work. Even her manager clocked her. She was totally guilty no question.

The legal manager advertised her job on 4 different areas of the work place even before the disciplinary meeting.

Basically nothing is black and white in these matters its all a matter of process and is the process doing according to Working regulations and Equal Opps.

Though in Professional sports it will never get that far but is still feel if Hock goes they all should have gone.
Look at this another way Steve McNamara is having a Halloween party, on the invite it says you must come in costume or be refused entrance. Gaz hock turns up dressed smartly but not in costume, McNamara blocks his way saying "My party my rules, bye bye"
This England thing is the same, his party his rules, he's invited by England to play but his employer is Salford.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Exactly what KW, CP & Gimble say :)

One out all out!

You can't castigate one without the others & you don't air dirty linen in public.

The coach & the RFL have no discretion whatsoever.

This should never have got as far as it has.

Hock should have been dropped as punishment along with the others involved & that should have been it.

I can understand why he feels agrieved, so would I :exc:

Others, & Ryan Hall has done something as well, are made to pay a forfeit of some kind.

I asked him on Saturday 'why have you had to bleach your hair blond, what have you been up to? He just laughed & said 'no comment'!!

So there are punishments in place.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kaii wrote:
thegimble wrote:No they can not.

Basically nothing is black and white in these matters its all a matter of process and is the process doing according to Working regulations and Equal Opps.

Look at this another way Steve McNamara is having a Halloween party, on the invite it says you must come in costume or be refused entrance. Gaz hock turns up dressed smartly but not in costume, McNamara blocks his way saying "My party my rules, bye bye"
This England thing is the same, his party his rules, he's invited by England to play but his employer is Salford.
But what happens when he turns up with 6-7 of his mates and they refuse to join the party so basically the party is over before it gets going.