Gallows Pole being constructed for Sam Burgess.

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Gallows Pole being constructed for Sam Burgess.

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Might sound off but Owen could be the closest to Sir Kev as a halfback. Sir Kev is a classic example of a brilliantly effective player with no great assets.
Your Avin a larf CP.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Honestly no PM. If you think about Sir Kev his main asset is kicking and game management. He does not have a running game. Owen is virtually identical in those respects.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

4 Southern Hem Countries qualify for the semi and the new target is the match official in 1 game. Priceless the Rah Rahs
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:4 Southern Hem Countries qualify for the semi and the new target is the match official in 1 game. Priceless the Rah Rahs
Sam Burgesses fault.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote:4 Southern Hem Countries qualify for the semi and the new target is the match official in 1 game. Priceless the Rah Rahs
Sam Burgesses fault.
Sam killed the world cup for the Northern Hemisphere! Crowe let him come to England to act as a secret agent destroying English RU!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

If NZ go on to win the RUWC our test series against NZ could benefit from added interest and our domestic game would recieve a massive boost if we won said series.
I know, IF is a big word.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Honestly no PM. If you think about Sir Kev his main asset is kicking and game management. He does not have a running game. Owen is virtually identical in those respects.
I don't see Owen Farrell having the drive, skill set and pace that Sinfield had at Farrell's age.
Union is based with a larger amount of kicking so would expect Farrell to be close in that department, but saying that I'd still have my money on Sinfield beating Farrell in a field goal kicking comp, especially if using the much less rounded Rugby League ball.
I don't see Owen Farrell as a good Rugby League player.
Smokie Jim

Post by Smokie Jim »

morley pie eater wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Might sound off but Owen could be the closest to Sir Kev as a halfback. Sir Kev is a classic example of a brilliantly effective player with no great assets.
I know what you mean cp in terms of size, speed, power etc, but surely a brain, or the ability to read a game, are assets?

Players like Wilkin, Edwards to different extents didn't have all the classic attributes but their ability to read and control a game made them what they were/are.

Of course, ideally you'd want a player to have everything, but unfortunately there aren't many of them around.

As far as Sinfield goes, I remember as a kid hating a certain player with a passion. Later I realised that Alex .Murphy could play a bit! My point that the player fans of other teams deride is often the one they fear. One of my Rhino fan mates constantly reminds me that he "doesn't rate" Lockers.

(Before anyone jumps and says I'm comparing Edwards & Wilkin, I'm certainly not as far as quality goes!)
Agree with everything you say MorelyGood to read a fair unbiased post