Wigan versus Castleford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kittwazzer

Re: Wigan versus Castleford

Post by Kittwazzer »

Southern Softy wrote:Typical 'local' news report. Dorn, who has been outstanding this season, actually had a pretty poor match. Solomona was tetchy and niggled away - lucky not to get a 'binning' near the end of the match for serial interference and Jewitt was just there to try and wind-up the oppo. Pity that Crosby fell for it.

Other than that - a fair and accurate report (extracts tongue from cheek).
My view is that Wane instructed his players individually which of their opponents to target and get in their faces. Either way it worked! :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Had a great night the other night,sat in with the Cas fans so amused to hear how bad Thaler was when in truth at times it looked odd his verdict's but for the most part he got it right.

Cas play rugby the right way though they looked tired the other night to be honest but they never let Wigan get too far ahead of them.

Wigan looked much more of a team than they have done all season lets hope it continues.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

OJ wrote:I particularly liked this bit "a game which continually simmered, unsurprisingly given Wigan’s niggling tactics" - think the niggling tactics started very much with them, they saw Hull bully us a couple of weeks back and tried to do the same. It's going to need a strong ref for the Challenge cup match and hope it's Ben Thaler again, not because of last week but because I genuinely feel he's the best ref at the moment and the only one capable of handling what could be a hot tempered game.

Incidentally hope the RFL agree that Thaler did a good job otherwise he'll be doing what George Stokes did and walking away from the game
They should do. Thaler is easily SL's best ref. The others could learn a thing or two from him.

Alibert especially, obviously! :) Do they still let him loose on Sl games? Haven't seen him for ages.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

moto748 wrote:
OJ wrote:I particularly liked this bit "a game which continually simmered, unsurprisingly given Wigan’s niggling tactics" - think the niggling tactics started very much with them, they saw Hull bully us a couple of weeks back and tried to do the same. It's going to need a strong ref for the Challenge cup match and hope it's Ben Thaler again, not because of last week but because I genuinely feel he's the best ref at the moment and the only one capable of handling what could be a hot tempered game.

Incidentally hope the RFL agree that Thaler did a good job otherwise he'll be doing what George Stokes did and walking away from the game
They should do. Thaler is easily SL's best ref. The others could learn a thing or two from him.

Alibert especially, obviously! :) Do they still let him loose on Sl games? Haven't seen him for ages.
Think Uncle Albert is now the permanent VR at Catalan games
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Cas reminded me of the old Leeds with their niggling tactics and arrogance at times!! Anyway cheers Lee for our team talk before the cup game!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Pardon me for straying off topic, but I'd like to share a story about dour Yorkshiremen.

A Yorkshireman's mate gives him a ticket to see a top comedian. They meet the day after the show and he asks if he enjoyed it. The Yorkshireman replies "Ay, it were alright ah suppose - if yer like laughin' !"
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote:Pardon me for straying off topic, but I'd like to share a story about dour Yorkshiremen.

A Yorkshireman's mate gives him a ticket to see a top comedian. They meet the day after the show and he asks if he enjoyed it. The Yorkshireman replies "Ay, it were alright ah suppose - if yer like laughin' !"
????????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

Assume Moaning Minnie was quite happy with whoever reffed their game this week. Surprised not to have seen anything about the RFL pulling him up for having a go - unjustifiably - against one of their refs
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.