New coaches

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: New coaches

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:Good press conference..

Is this available online anywhere? It's not showing up on Wigan TV and I can't see a video of it on the main website. Must be looking in the wrong place.

Some interesting comments about the appointment on twitter. This one caught my eye:

If only Shaun Edwards could have helped out the @EnglandRugby team ... can’t help but think something is wrong .. the best coach I’ve ever had the pleasure of being around, well done @WiganWarriorsRL you’ve got yourself a winner again.. and above all else a great man

from former England RU player Phil Vickery
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

bertina wrote:
fozzieskem wrote: Good press conference..

Edwards funny and relaxed,not often you hear someone called love in those situations but more power to him for it,ask a nosy question get short shrift answer.

Lam was the one for me,I’d say he fancied another year or two on his deal..I wonder if he will stay on especially if it goes well.

Lenagan does seem obsessed with forums,so hi here Ian if you read this..

Is it a risk,of course it is ALL new appointees are,will it work I truly hope so I really do.

But above all else the one word I enjoyed came from mr Lam...

Attack..with that I was sold.
where can we see it Fozzie.?
It was on the Wigan facebook page. Edwards was excellent, I'm sure Angela Powers will be choosing her questions carefully when it's her turn to interview him. :D

It's still on there now.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Facebook live worked really well too as sometimes these things go a little pear shaped but the feed was excellent
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Edwards funny and relaxed,not often you hear someone called love in those situations but more power to him for it,ask a nosy question get short shrift answer.

Lam was the one for me,I’d say he fancied another year or two on his deal..I wonder if he will stay on especially if it goes well.

Is it a risk,of course it is ALL new appointees are,will it work I truly hope so I really do.

Both very good. Edwards with his indefatigable straightforward approach, and Lam with his comments about the attack and bringing that (back) to Wigan.

Very exciting, very positive.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
chrisjjonesy

Post by chrisjjonesy »

jao 711 wrote:Let’s face it, on this board we have a small but hard core of miserable gits who couldn’t smile if they won the lottery.Keep moaning folks you are becoming a laughing stock.
I agree completely. What more do people want the club to do? Bring on tomorrow night
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I was happy last night even more so after listening to them today . Any coaching appointment is always 50/50 as to its outcome and success... surley this one was an option even for the most miserable that they can understand.
Lam talking about being emotional and looking it. Then Edwards saying people tell him it's a risk but not one he couldn't take
"It's a special place" "I'm Wigan to the bone" I cant wait to see what they bring to the club on the field but for me they have already made an impact off it that cant be measured.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

yokozuna wrote:

Both very good. Edwards with his indefatigable straightforward approach, and Lam with his comments about the attack and bringing that (back) to Wigan.

Very exciting, very positive.
Just watched it. Agreed, very positive. Can't Lam start now? ;)
AncientWarrior

Post by AncientWarrior »

I didn’t hear the question (something to do with money?) but the reply was vintage Shaun Edwards, “How much do you earn at work, love? Is it more or less than your last job?”

Those wanting a PC boss should look away now. ????????????
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

jao 711 wrote:Let’s face it, on this board we have a small but hard core of miserable gits who couldn’t smile if they won the lottery.Keep moaning folks you are becoming a laughing stock.
We also have a small but hardcore group of rival supporters!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

Penny for the thoughts of Shaun Wane just now!! I've been a long time critic of the way we've played but Wane is a decent man. It's inevitable and he's had his time, but must be feeling so out of it right now.