Match preview: St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: Match preview: St Helens

Post by Barney841 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:43 am
Dreamteam wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:58 pm Ethan havard made more meters today than singleton Byrne smithies and shorrocks combined. When he and mago went off we well and truly got battered up the middle just like we did before those 2 came on
This needs addressing.
Harvard and mago are our best go forward, but I do think Mago needs to be abit fitter.
I’ve always had my doubts about smithies and Byrne, Byrne has slightly improved I think he’s just a little bit slow.
Smithies would be better running out on the edges and not through the middle, Singleton isnt very good I don’t think.
Think we need to sign another prop, as well as cooper
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

KPP was taken ill on Friday with a fever. He was very sick 😟
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:51 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:43 am
Dreamteam wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:58 pm Ethan havard made more meters today than singleton Byrne smithies and shorrocks combined. When he and mago went off we well and truly got battered up the middle just like we did before those 2 came on
This needs addressing.
Harvard and mago are our best go forward, but I do think Mago needs to be abit fitter.
I’ve always had my doubts about smithies and Byrne, Byrne has slightly improved I think he’s just a little bit slow.
Smithies would be better running out on the edges and not through the middle, Singleton isnt very good I don’t think.
Think we need to sign another prop, as well as cooper
Agree about mago. I thought he was very good yesterday tbf and dangerous. He has those games tho and goes back to being average for a few unfortunately
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:18 pm KPP was taken ill on Friday with a fever. He was very sick 😟
Not as sick as me after Lomax scored 😫. Get well soon Kai.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Worth reading this from Aaron Bower in the Grauniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... gan-hearts

Particularly his conclusion
There is no doubting this Wigan side are the biggest threat St Helens have faced in regards to their dominance of Super League.

That Saints were knocked out of the Challenge Cup by Wigan at the semi-final stage before the Warriors went on to lift the trophy in May underlined that, and this courageous effort emphasised it further.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

Been looking on Serious About Rugby League, they put a request on twitter asking if Singleton should have been shown the Red Card 57% said NO. 😡😡
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

PF Warrior wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:27 pm Been looking on Serious About Rugby League, they put a request on twitter asking if Singleton should have been shown the Red Card 57% said NO. 😡😡
Interesting, for me there was one angle were it looked as though Singo led with the shoulder and thats the one the video ref went with. To me it was careless rather than deliberate.