Somethings missing ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Onebigfeka

Somethings missing ?

Post by Onebigfeka »

I just cant think what,saints wernt that good score flatterd them.Bring on the leeds show em what we can realy do! :D
24hrs in a day
24 cans in a case
coincidence?
i think not
ancientnloyal

Re: Somethings missing ?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Missing?

Offiah? Edwards? Hanley? Sullivan? Boston? even Skerrett?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What is missing is the players acceping they are not world beaters nor do they need to be. Play smart and let Barret have the ball in the opposition 20.
BIG JOHN

Post by BIG JOHN »

whats missing is passion!!!
What concerns me is the way the players and us (supporters) react to DEFEAT, everyone seems to be far too acceptant of LOOSING. :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I detest losing BUT the reality is the present team are not good enough and so they will lose matches. When we were at our best I always believed that provided we made the effort we would win every match we played. I expected to win. I was hoping we would win today and that was my heart ruling my head.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Onebigfeka posted:
I just cant think what,saints wernt that good score flatterd them.Bring on the leeds show em what we can realy do! :D
If you don't think Saints are that good or that the score flattered them you are delusional. The gulf in class was obvious.

It was summed up for me by two moves in the match.

The first was DV's break in the second half down the left. The line was open and while he didn't have the pace to go for it we didn't have a supporting player anywhere near who did have. I can only think of Calderwood who does have the pace and he was not there.

In contrast the Gidley try from Saints on the right was quite superb. Great support play and backing up and this current Wigan side has not got a hope in hell of coming close to play like that and it has nothing to to do with being a new team, they have simply not got the class.

From what I saw today the remaining fixtures against Saints are all a forgone conclusion. They will win by similar or bigger scores and God help us if we pick up injuries before playing them again.

Dave

OJ

Post by OJ »

Pride in the shirt
Passion
Local lads

I really thought we would do ok today but we were just totally out enthused. It's no use keep bemoaning all the good local talent we have let go - that is due partly to there being no stability with the continual swapping of coaches and backroom staff etc, as a result good young players go elsewhere. Ok some of them might not have made it for the long haul but a lot were not given the chance to prove it. Case is point is the last coach we had (forget his name - wasn't here long) he sold Terry Newton to Bradford what a fine move that was.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Dave O saints are nothing special. In fact they are poorer compared to last year. however, that is worrying because it says a lot more about Wigan and the rest of SL.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

BIG JOHN posted:
whats missing is passion!!!
What concerns me is the way the players and us (supporters) react to DEFEAT, everyone seems to be far too acceptant of LOOSING. :(
Passion is the biggest exscuse going and a cop put at that.

Kevin Keegan full of passion Crap manager
Mclaren full of passion Crap manager
Milward full of passion Crap coach.

What's missing is simple a bench that has impact players on it. We dont and that will be rectified by Nobby as it takes time to build up a side. We bring on Milard, Hansen they bring on Roby, Graham and Fasavalu.

That were we lost the game in the interchanges they were just as strong as the starting line up we get weakned at the changes.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

OJ posted:
Pride in the shirt
Passion
Local lads
If that was all it was it could be fixed. There are local lads in the team and a kick up the backside could help with the other two but from what I saw today blaming it on those three things misses the point entirely. Saints are just a lot better side.

In particular their pack dominate ours and we were back to Feka on for short spells and Fielden not being as effective as he should be. With only O'Carroll as replacment prop compared to their bench we were well short (Noble has said as much already) and off the pace in the forwards.

Hock tried his best but the rest of the pack - all of them were not up too it.

A week or two ago I was starting to beleive Vievers who said he could not understand why the fans thought the pack was lightweight pre-season.

Well today reminded me of why I thought that. The pack was outclassed and that made it hard for the half backs.

It has been said already many times but Feka used on short spells like that is a luxury we can't afford. He must be on for longer and I thought he was starting to be used for longer in recent weeks. The fact he was not today is down to Noble and so that was poor coaching IMO.

Dave