Nobby orders extra training

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Nobby orders extra training

Post by cpwigan »

My source tells me, Nobby walked in the changing room after the Saints game and told the players to sit down whereupon he gave them a real bollocking. He told them not to have a drink when they went in the bar and to be at Orrell at 8.30 pm Friday night for training.
ancientnloyal

Re: Nobby orders extra trainin...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Would have been better making them run upto Haigh Hall again from Plantation.

I dont know what to make of all this yet, I shall reply in a few weeks when developments have been made regarding training, extra training, Noble, players etc..
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Glynola

Re: Nobby orders extra tra...

Post by Glynola »

Not sure that it matters how much extra training we do.

I just think we are a 'dumb' team. Far too many players who don't seem to have rugby brains.

Hock is an unfortunate example at the moment - some dumb offloads and a penalty machine. He's not the only one either!
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Glynola posted:
Not sure that it matters how much extra training we do.

I just think we are a 'dumb' team. Far too many players who don't seem to have rugby brains.

Hock is an unfortunate example at the moment - some dumb offloads and a penalty machine. He's not the only one either!
i must agree! week in week out we have players and coaching staff coming out saying 'oh well we made a lot of mistakes' and all the rest of the crap! but its week in week out and its not good enough at the moment! the only real exeption being Hull away (and we did make many a dumb mistake that night but got away with it)
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

OJ

Re: Nobby orders extra trainin...

Post by OJ »

cpwigan posted:
My source tells me, Nobby walked in the changing room after the Saints game and told the players to sit down whereupon he gave them a real bollocking. He told them not to have a drink when they went in the bar and to be at Orrell at 8.30 pm Friday night for training.
So after playing in that game (regardless of how well) they were told to be at Orrell an hour and a half later for more training when we have to play Leeds on Tuesday night? Doesn't make any sense at all to me, would have thought an injury check would have been more appropriate.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

phibes

Post by phibes »

Extra training is probably being used as punishment for the complacency and lack of desire they showed against St Helens.

I'm glad it was as obvious to the coach as it was to those of us watching in the stands.
pedro

Post by pedro »

make them run to Leeds....
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

pedro posted:
make them run to Leeds....
also a team building exercise, after every mile, they should be made to do the conga. will teach them what contact is rather than just tapping opposition players on the shoulder instead of tacklnig them.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Vidio analysis friday night, to allow straight in to training saturday morning.

Where did we hgo wrong so we can work on it on saturday.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Hi Glynola

That name rings a bell - it seems to me that you should have more than 26 posts!

Welcome back to the board
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐