An Idea for the Leeds game......

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kol

An Idea for the Leeds game......

Post by Kol »

We all know we are going to lose with the team we have picked so nothing to lose, so............

Why not get some local lads out of the acadamy and say, "there you go lads, here's a cherry and white jersey; something you've always wanted to wear from your home town. Do your best and if your good, you'll get a first team place" Those boys would run through a brick wall and tackle a steam train. They would play with pride. Win lose or draw, I would applaud them. How many local lads have not been given a chance? how many has been foreigners are given a chance week in week out?...are we in the top 6? do we look like we are a top 6 side?
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
heydude

Re: An Idea for the Leeds game...

Post by heydude »

first best idea for the leeds game is we play better than they did against saints game second we do look like a top 6 side remember the hull game and on paper we definitely look like a top 6 side also we are just outside the top 6 but from our position to leeds who are top is four points leeds are definitely too far now DUH!
don't eat yellow snow
heydude

Re: An Idea for the Leeds ...

Post by heydude »

sorry also forgot lets throw a bunch of boys at a top class team give them lads a world of good being battered pillar to post :wink: and also changed the squad so that more players have to have time to gel into the squad. :conf:
don't eat yellow snow
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

Just play the academy and be done with it
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

it seemed to work before but i cant see it now the acadamy lads we have now havnt got as much flair and skill as our older ones......

briscoe
robinson ....etc

but i still rate them well.... they would wipe the floor with saints acadamy...
fisha206

Post by fisha206 »

without a doubt wigan can beat anybody in the superleague on there day!!!! we lost agains saint so what! we will play them again! why all the negative comments???? we need to get behind the team :cool:
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

play the acadamey, now thats plainly not a good idea. So we losts to saints, if we are honest, we werent that bad against them, saints are a very good team, that has a lot of time to gel together. in the close season they only made 1 big signing in matt gidley.

we need to be aiming for that type of consistancy. the team we have is a good team, it is capable of being any other.

to beat leeds we need to pick our strongest team, thats Ashton at full back, and we need to cut out the daft penalties.

picking the academy will achieve nothing, other that to ruin the confidence of the young players at wigan, players that could/should be are future.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Speaking to Mike Binder earlier I said we will beat Leeds. We seem to manage 1 good performance every 2 or 3 matches. Trent Barrett in the WEP says the defence was not good enough v Saints and the completion rate was 50%ish whereas it needs to be 80%. Nobby is apparently looking seriously at bringing Prescott, Hill and Goulding in. Time will tell.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:( Oh well it looks like it was paper talk as we go with the same 18. One has to wonder what a player has to do to get dropped :conf:
Kol

Post by Kol »

What planet are you people on? we beat Salford and Hull? So What? where are they in the league? did we beat Bradford? did we beat Saints? did we beat Warrington?

Wake up.
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!