Briscoe Return

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
stevocod

Re: Briscoe Return

Post by stevocod »

Glynola posted:
Average positioning and average pace.
I'm sure when he scored 4 tries to win the match for Hull at Bradford, those tries when he broke through the defence with good running lines and picking the gap, you need average pace to do that? :eusa6: :eh: . Personally i think his attacking skills are alot more effective than Withers if we are going to see Ashton go.

Sometimes the best form of defence is attack and Ashton hasn't been overly good in defence (be it ,yes he's young!), but I for one would be happy for him to be back at Wigan.

fitzy

Post by fitzy »

Id have him back at wigan an english local lad why not??(its got to be better than putting up with withers for another year)
Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

I'd certainly have Briscoe back, before any other full-back who we could sign. Richie Mathers, is young, and english, a nice option, but Briscoe for mine.
Bear

Post by Bear »

FROM A TO B posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
I would have him, he English, he a Wigan lad, got a bit of experience under his belt, and with Nobby as a coach and Whithers along side, could learn and develop alot more!
to much information :blush:
:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought i was bad.
Yeah i would SIGN him back. He played well for wigan. He also looks to have turned hull around. Well since the salary cap has come into rugby teams have become more fair.
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Sorry guys,

After listening to GMR yesterday afternoon one of the guys who talk on the show had seen shaun at a game that afternoon and asked him if he had signed for Wigan and he said no defanitly not.

:conf: :conf:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
ste lord posted:
Sorry guys,

After listening to GMR yesterday afternoon one of the guys who talk on the show had seen shaun at a game that afternoon and asked him if he had signed for Wigan and he said no defanitly not.

Asked him if he HAD signed not if he was going too. :lol:

Trying too still keep the rumour going :lol: I'm not sure who will we sign to replace Ashton I'd like too no what are the sources people here this from?

However bottom line I wouldn't want Withers as first choice fullback. Cover for the fullback , centre , stand off if needed yes but first choice NO.
We'll have a quota spot, with Fletcher's retirement. I'd settle for Karmichael Hunt, Brett Stewart, Brett Hodgson or Anthony Minichiello...
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

ste lord posted:
Sorry guys,

Apparently Hull have had Briscoe in the office asking him about all the rumours about him signing for Wigan,he has told them that he does'nt know anything about it and that everything is being looked after by his agent.Also he has either had or is having a new house built in the Hull area.But from what ive heard their wouldnt be a problem if Wigan did come in for him and that he would sign for us.This came from one of his family.So i think it could be true.