Briscoe Return

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jayde_hates_longy

Re: Briscoe Return

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

We should have him back
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
superleague

Post by superleague »

ancientnloyal posted:
Its not all about tries though for a fullback, he is technically the last man and his play still needs to develop, im not saying he's rubbish or anything just that we need to look at other available (or unavailable to buy) players who are right for nobles plans.
cant be any worse than ashton at least u see briscoe taking the ball on the full, running straight forward not side-ways and he can at least tackle unlike ashton
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
I would have him, he English, he a Wigan lad, got a bit of experience under his belt, and with Nobby as a coach and Whithers along side, could learn and develop alot more!
to much information :blush:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

From the games I have seen Briscoe play for Hull on tv, I have to admit that he has improved greatly from the young lad that left us.

As for his errors, many fullbacks make them, it is the loneliest place on the field when they make a mistake as it usually cost the team a try.

Hampson, Lydon, Stoop, Radlinski, Atcheson, Robinson, Briscoe and the countless others who have filled in that position have ALL made glaring mistakes that dearly cost the club in the past. It's how they react, and put that little extra effort in to their game in order to rectify their mistake that renders it superfluous, that counts.

Note, many of the players mentioned above, where not overly blessed with pace, but their reading of the game, and as such the ability to place themselves in good positions, helped make up for that deficiency.

I would welcome him back as first choice full back, given the options of either promoting another inexperienced u21, recruiting a kolpac/overseas or persisting with Withers for another year.

[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

wonder if ritchie mathers fancies a game with us? ya never know? mite get home sick at titans and wanna join up with the boys in cherry n white :wink:
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

I for one would love to see him back with us. He's a cracking full back much improved now as well....and I was sad when we let him go. Another good young local lad sold off !
WIGAN TILL I DIE
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Briscoe left Wigan because he wanted to play first team rugby but realised that Wigan weren't going to drop Radlinski once he return form injury. I don't think it was a case of Wigan wanting to get rid of him because I'm sure they would have loved to keep him but they couldn't offer him first team rugby.

Wigan can now offer him first team rugby next season and I hope that he does come back because he has always been a good full back just was unlucky with the timing of his break in the first team at Wigan. I hope he doesn't hold it against Wigan that they let him go after all there are not many full backs in the World who can replace Radlinski so it wasn't really going to happen at the time and you can't really have two first team full backs.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

adrenalinxx posted:
Briscoe left Wigan because he wanted to play first team rugby but realised that Wigan weren't going to drop Radlinski once he return form injury. I don't think it was a case of Wigan wanting to get rid of him because I'm sure they would have loved to keep him but they couldn't offer him first team rugby.

Wigan can now offer him first team rugby next season and I hope that he does come back because he has always been a good full back just was unlucky with the timing of his break in the first team at Wigan. I hope he doesn't hold it against Wigan that they let him go after all there are not many full backs in the World who can replace Radlinski so it wasn't really going to happen at the time and you can't really have two first team full backs.
I can't see why he would. He didn't have much of an argument with regard to replacing Rads, and in any case, it's not as if his career has suffered. If anything, quite the opposite. He went to a top SL side, who gave him loads of match-time and a much higher profile.

I still hear stories that he has friends and family over here, whom he visits regularly. I'm pretty sure he could be tempted.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i would deffinatly have him back.....

wether we get him back is a completly differnt matter....
XIII

Post by XIII »

Briscoe left Wigan cos Uncle Mo wanted to keep Lam, no one read Mike Gregorys book, Bitting Back. Wigan had to let a couple of players go to stay under the cap. I know Briscoe would have loved to have stayed with the Cherry and Whites. He was a big a Wigan fan as any of us as a Kid.
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!