Quite disgusted

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Quite disgusted

Post by - psycho - »

......With a one Mr. Golden Gamble.

Now, since the sad passing of gordon (a legend at the club), steve has taken over. not sure if anyone has seen him but he is bald with hair at the sides, is quite large aronud the middle and isnt overll tall.

Now, before every game, my 20 year old cousin (pie eaters) does the golden gamble in the south at the top of the steps. I and my friend Nathan always stand and chat with him. Last night, 'Golden Gamble' came over and started shouting his ehad off saying he didn't want us near him, basically making a show of nothing. He still sells tickets no matter who talks to him, his regulars are always going to purchase a ticket.

Then, as I tried to tell Steve this he squared up to me and pushed me back a bit, giving me alot of abuse about "Its my golden gamble! what i say goes, u dont come here anymore!" and all this crap.

Im 15, from a late 40s early 50s male, that is disgraceful behaviour, to square up with a 15 year old? he treats his staff like something on the bottom of his shoe, luckily pie eaters did step in and gave him a mouthing because he'd always stick up for me no matter what. i was really disgusted with Steve's attitude and behaviour thoguh over something so petty. he has never said anything before about this and ive been standing with my cousin for around a year with golden gamble.

One of my cousin's mates, triggor, did lots of golden gamble sales and generally gonig around towns advertising with the wigan sign up thing, where you get free caps etc. triggor quit a few weeks ago because he was sick of how Steve was treating him and other staff.

im considering writing to the club about this because im disgusted with his attitude and behaviour towards his staff and especially me.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
The King

Re: Quite disgusted

Post by The King »

- psycho - posted:
im considering writing to the club about this because im disgusted with his attitude.
If thats the way you feel you should definitey write to the club.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Write to the club i say... but dont use 'Triggor'... proper name will do.

It is wrong the attitude shown towards you.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i don't know his first name :lol: he was known as Triggor, i'll have to see our Rob.

Gordon was awesome, would do anything for anyone, was always in the office, if someone couldnt make it in because they were il, he'd do their gamble round for them. Steve isn't a thousandth of a man he was.

for him to step up to a 15 year old, what was he going to do? hit me? surely he isn't that stupid.

madmags

Post by madmags »

Sounds like a little hitler. Report him, he is doing the image of the club no good at all with this attitude
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

You're probably better to report it to the club rather than giving him a slagging on the internet for all to read.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

robjoenz posted:
You're probably better to report it to the club rather than giving him a slagging on the internet for all to read.
Agree 100% - the worst thing you could do is get into some sort of situation with a bloke like this; you won't change his mind with anything you say.

I would write to the club and get anyone else that was with you to do the same. If nothing else you are due an apology
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

- psycho - posted:
......With a one Mr. Golden Gamble.

Now, since the sad passing of gordon (a legend at the club), steve has taken over. not sure if anyone has seen him but he is bald with hair at the sides, is quite large aronud the middle and isnt overll tall.

Now, before every game, my 20 year old cousin (pie eaters) does the golden gamble in the south at the top of the steps. I and my friend Nathan always stand and chat with him. Last night, 'Golden Gamble' came over and started shouting his ehad off saying he didn't want us near him, basically making a show of nothing. He still sells tickets no matter who talks to him, his regulars are always going to purchase a ticket.

Then, as I tried to tell Steve this he squared up to me and pushed me back a bit, giving me alot of abuse about "Its my golden gamble! what i say goes, u dont come here anymore!" and all this crap.

Im 15, from a late 40s early 50s male, that is disgraceful behaviour, to square up with a 15 year old? he treats his staff like something on the bottom of his shoe, luckily pie eaters did step in and gave him a mouthing because he'd always stick up for me no matter what. i was really disgusted with Steve's attitude and behaviour thoguh over something so petty. he has never said anything before about this and ive been standing with my cousin for around a year with golden gamble.

One of my cousin's mates, triggor, did lots of golden gamble sales and generally gonig around towns advertising with the wigan sign up thing, where you get free caps etc. triggor quit a few weeks ago because he was sick of how Steve was treating him and other staff.

im considering writing to the club about this because im disgusted with his attitude and behaviour towards his staff and especially me.
Did this steve have a suite on(think it was grey)if he did i saw him having a word with a lad selling Golden Gambles at top off stairs in south stand before KO.our right about Gordon idid a collection for about 12 months and he was the most helpful polite person you could meet.Even though i only did the collection for a year he still said hello to me for years after i pack in doing it.You should report him to the club but dont expect much from them as i have had experiance of one of the manager at the club and the one i have dealt with talks down to people as well. :angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

- psycho - posted:
Did he used to sell tickets on match day on the bridge over the river stood on the left as you walk toward the ground/east stand? We always used to by tickets from this chap as we crossed the bridge and he has been missing for a few weeks now so was just wondering if it was him. Part of the match day routine.

Dave
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

yeah, on the bridge yep. and yes he did have a suite on and was talking to the golden gamble ticket seller, well not so much talking more stamping his 'authority' on him, "its my golden gamble" and all of that rubbish. there were also 2 lads stood near him and i was the one with the jeans on :lol: if that narrows it down.