Lyndsey & Whelan out ShaunEdwards consotium in ( Round 2 )

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jimofwigan

Lyndsey & Whelan out ShaunEdwards consotium in ( Round 2 )

Post by jimofwigan »

A new bid has been launched to take control of the Wigan Warriors.Shaun Edwards for the second time is putting in a new bid backed by ---- wait for it ---- Rugby Union brass. The take over is likly to be completed by the end of this season herolding a new and fresh management approch. The miss management of the sallary cap by Lyndsey has angered Whelan so much that this bid just mite go through :o :o :blush: :blush: :( :( :) :) :D :D
ancientnloyal

Re: Lyndsey & Whelan out S...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Right ok... details.

How much money has Edwards got?

Why wuld Edwards want to run a rugby club whenhe's still learning to be a coach?

What politics will surround the warriors and the JJB stadium?

evidence?

I doubt Whelan would want to sell as I presume he has already put things in place to 'look after' the club for years after he dies. Wigan Warriors is massive to JJB and always has been it was the first name on the cherry and white hoops in 1984 (i think). I doubt whelan would accept a takeover bid from basically unknowns with edwards having no experience (or little) of running a club.

But, it's Wigan, we've had boardroom switcharounds before and we will do in future... time will only tell.

Be good to have Edwards as a coach after Noble though
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jimofwigan

Re: Lyndsey & Whelan o...

Post by jimofwigan »

ancientnloyal posted:
Right ok... details.

How much money has Edwards got?

Why wuld Edwards want to run a rugby club whenhe's still learning to be a coach?

What politics will surround the warriors and the JJB stadium?

evidence?

I doubt Whelan would want to sell as I presume he has already put things in place to 'look after' the club for years after he dies. Wigan Warriors is massive to JJB and always has been it was the first name on the cherry and white hoops in 1984 (i think). I doubt whelan would accept a takeover bid from basically unknowns with edwards having no experience (or little) of running a club.

But, it's Wigan, we've had boardroom switcharounds before and we will do in future... time will only tell.

Be good to have Edwards as a coach after Noble though
Evidence??????? This has come through loose talk from a rugby league writer for the Telegraph. I to know it is unlikley so why discuss it now? Could of been the ale playing tricks on his mind
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

What's that smell?
It aint horse, it aint camel, so it must be bull :roll:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

FROM A TO B posted:
What's that smell?
It aint horse, it aint camel, so it must be bull :roll:
I think this must be the old rumour thread, linking the Harlequins owner with purchasing Dave Whelan's shares in order to have controlling interest in the club.

As for why Whelan would sell, he has always indicated that if the "right offer" came in, then he would talk business. That was HIS quote last year when the initial buyout rumours started.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

not true.

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

edwards is not interested in buying wigan as hes stated not long ago he doesnt want leave london as he wants to be closer to his family.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

RAVINGWARRIOR posted:
edwards is not interested in buying wigan as hes stated not long ago he doesnt want leave london as he wants to be closer to his family.
The world's a smaller place these days, plus his kids are now a lot older.

Edwards is VERY interested in getting involved at Wigan. And I have that on excellent authority.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

ive said this before! every club,player,coach is for sale its just a matter of money. if someone offerd whealan enough money he would sell us. hes a business man and wigan warriors to him is just an investment.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
adrenalinxx

Re: Lyndsey & Whelan out S...

Post by adrenalinxx »

Not sure whether this is true or not but some clever person was trying to explain to my why at the moment it would be very difficult for anyone to try and buy either Warriors or Latics off Whealen and it goes something like this:

A few years after Whealen took control of both clubs he set up a business to cover both clubs something along the lines of "Wigan Football and Rugby League Company." Basically he puts the money from the clubs into that accounts under that company and therefore not tied to JJB or either club so should one club get into trouble both will still exist separately but the money from both clubs is available.

Now this is where I got confused, apparently although the clubs remain separate they are tied together though the business, so to buy Warriors someone would have to buy out Latics as well, unless of course Warriors are no longer part of the business but that would attract some attention and we would know within a few days.