Ashton's replacement

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
medlocke

Ashton's replacement

Post by medlocke »

Have it on very good authority from a good sauce that Lee Oudenryn will come in to replace Ashton at the end of the season, don't know how true this could be but there is also speculation that Calderwood will be replaced Mark Coyne, make of it what you will, but with all these rumours knocking about, another one can't do no harm :wink:
stevo38

Re: Ashton's replacement

Post by stevo38 »

oudenryn is getting on a bit he had a race with offiah once so wher going back some time id say thats 12 pints in the plough talk :D
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Lee Oudenryn was the guy who beat Martin Offiah in the half time race in 1992 and Mark Coyne was a centre/winger for St George Illawarra Dragons and Queensland.

In their prime both players would have been good signings but both have retired now. Lee Oudenryn is now a police officer in New Zealand, Coyne retired in 1999 but don't know what happened to him.

You never know these days, Wigan are linked with every player around, why not retired players too.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

i saw mark preston in tescos so what can we make of that :D
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

medlocke posted:
Have it on very good authority from a good sauce that Lee Oudenryn will come in to replace Ashton at the end of the season, don't know how true this could be but there is also speculation that Calderwood will be replaced Mark Coyne, make of it what you will, but with all these rumours knocking about, another one can't do no harm :wink:
Is that HP or Heinze :lol:
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Fujiman posted:
Is that HP or Heinze :lol:
Google Battle says the winner is...... HP Sauce :D
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

to be honest, i don't want to think about ashton's replacement as he will be a Warrior until the turn of the year. He's been putting 100% effort in, ok he may have slipped up at huddersfield but so did richards and calderwood.

The ideal replacement though would be an English full-back, Briscoe for example or even Karl Fitz-pattrick when he's fit he's a great player.

I hope that wigan don't bring in more and more overseas players, brining in english talent is great it helps the game in england and persuades the youngesters to stay in Super League and sometimes in Rugby League. Some of the English youngesters i feel have felt a bit isolated by the amount of foreign players in the teams and this is putting them off signing big deals.

We're lucky that the three leads, O'carroll, Goulding and McIlorum have signed lengthy deals as people will start to realise their talent in the near future.

I'm geussing that they are trying to groom Goulding into being the replacement for withers or Vialeki and if so keep him in the team.

Withers can't have much left in him as he has little to no pace now but his positoing is the best in the league. He sonetime's though seems to be a bit slow not only in pace but in actually making the decsion. He seems unsure wether to let a ball run dead or carry it up etc.

I know i'm going off the subject a bit here but ...

Vialeki at the moment to me seems to be playing for a contract, i think that Noble might not have offered him one yet because he feels as though less effort will be put into his game. He is though lookking fitter and stronger and his speed has certainly improved, along with richards.

But as for the debate of ashton's replacment i think that it Should be a british player. Someone who knows the league well and someone who knows who the danger men in each team are.
To be the best
you have to beat the best
Matthew-Warrior

Post by Matthew-Warrior »

He put his health at risk, and unfortunately only managed 5 games with us after coming back to play for free. He would play, and there's no doubting his ability, however, I don't just think his body is up to it anymore, hence why he retired sooner than expected after coming back to play.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Bring back the DOC!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

ste lord posted:
Bring back the DOC!!
Wouldn't we be better with a plastic shop dummy? Stand it behind the try line so it would never be offside, but it couldn't be any less use than the Doc. And there would be no high tackles, no forward passes, no offsides...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]