Anderson on Klein!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

Anderson on Klein!!!!

Post by turf »

Taken from www.bbc.co.uk/rugbyleague:

I thought the officiating was inconsistent. Every dud call went against us.

Come off it Anderson!!!!!!! Shouldn't it be Noble moaning about some of the "interpritations" of Klein tonight?

Nice to see Klein keep a low penalty count mind you.
cpwigan

Re: Anderson on Klein!!!!

Post by cpwigan »

I think St Helens break the rules brilliantly. They throw more forward passes than anybody else too. They also surrender to get quick play of the balls so frequently that it is not in the spirit of the game.
turf

Post by turf »

Nobby's Girl, Noble complained about Bentham the other week after the Wakey game.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

This surrender business real irks me. Players should be allowed to do so IMO. At Saints it is deliberate and part of their tactical plan especially in their own half.
turf

Post by turf »

I still cannot understand the surrender or dominant rule.

The referees should just go back to shouting "held" for every tackle. It's plain and simple.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:) Not sure anybody does. Surrender is used too much anyway and dominant not enough. Whatsmore the idea is that when you shout surrender or dominant, the defenders are granted extra time to pin the ball carrier down BUT when does that happen :) Never :lol: The idea was that if somebody dove to the ground to get a quick play of the ball, you shouted surrender and then let the defence sit on them to punish the team in possession. Referees seem to have forgot that though.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I thought Klein had one of his better games tonight. He let the game flow and wasn't blowing up for every marginal infringement, but most importantly, he was the same for both sides.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thought he was rubbish Geoff. Not convinced about the try when Calderwood kicked the ball away. Why did he not refer it to the video referee :conf:

I have given up on officials though and now even the NRL is being ruined. :(
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Thought he was rubbish Geoff. Not convinced about the try when Calderwood kicked the ball away. Why did he not refer it to the video referee :conf:

I have given up on officials though and now even the NRL is being ruined. :(
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

I don't think he affected the outcome of the game. I do wonder though, why when we scored they went to the video nearly every time, but when Wellens try from the kick through looked suspect on the grounding, he awarded without checking.
I also take it that not standing square at the play of the ball is now deemed acceptable, I counted at least 3 play of the balls in succesion where Stains were not square, but he didn't ping them once (and don't start me on the forward passes) :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered