Get rid of Fielden petition.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
lancaster077

Get rid of Fielden petition.

Post by lancaster077 »

I am wanting to know what Stuart Fielden brings to the Wigan team that justifies his massive wages? so i am starting this thread to see if there any genuine Wigan fans out there that think Stuart Fielden should be SOLD sooner rather than later.

I am not so sure if i will get a positive response because this board seems quite clicky.

But for the people who watch Wigan rugby for the sport i would like your comments and hopefully something might be done.

For the past 7 matches he has done nothing yet rakes in his massive wages all the same.

Wigan are a 1 man team where are the rest of you?????
pie eater and proud of it

Re: Get rid of Fielden petitio...

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Dont know about getting rid of him completely, thats like chucking the baby out with the bath water :conf:

But maybe a 1 or 2 game spell in the reserves would do him good. He certainly is a shadow of his former self.

First few games for us and he was unstoppable, awesome. You dont go so bad so quickly for no reason.

Perhaps the death of his mother and meeting Masons punch have knocked his confidence.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

lancaster077 posted:
I am wanting to know what Stuart Fielden brings to the Wigan team that justifies his massive wages? so i am starting this thread to see if there any genuine Wigan fans out there that think Stuart Fielden should be SOLD sooner rather than later.

I am not so sure if i will get a positive response because this board seems quite clicky.

But for the people who watch Wigan rugby for the sport i would like your comments and hopefully something might be done.

For the past 7 matches he has done nothing yet rakes in his massive wages all the same.

Wigan are a 1 man team where are the rest of you?????
Get a life.

Lets try recruiting a balanced set of forwards in the off season and then see how he goes.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
the grinch

Re: Get rid of Fielden pet...

Post by the grinch »

feilden was rubbish again tonight but its not fair just to pick him out. as a team performance it was awfull. you do have a valid point he isnt earning his wages but we have to hope he gets his form back at some point and wigan get the benifit.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

There is no doubt Fielden is not playing well and I think when he dropped the ball on that run on the left tonight that finally finished him off confidence-wise for that game. That is still no reason to get rid as we know what he can do. We have seen it. Mind you if you had asked me after he dropped that ball I'd have driven him back to Bradford myself but that is just reaction to the poor display of the whole team not just him.

I think he was subbed soon after and I was quite surprised he was put back on because he was playing so poorly. Then again Nobby does seem to make subs by the clock rather than by what is happening on the pitch.

Dave
Webby71

Post by Webby71 »

Message for Lancaster077, people like you make me sick and should not post any more messages on this site. Yes Fielden isn't playing to his potential and is low on confidence but I hope he doesn't read these messages (he probably does, I would) because do you think that would boost his confidence? IDIOT. How good is FEKA? Yes he makes barnstorming, eye catching runs but we're getting half an hour a game out of him and thats not enough support for his fellow prop Fielden, O'Carroll is a good prospect but not quite good or imposing enough yet. We need another imposing prop to support Fielden then we'll see the real Stuart Fielden I will guarantee you that.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Webby71 posted:
How good is FEKA? Yes he makes barnstorming, eye catching runs but we're getting half an hour a game out of him and thats not enough support for his fellow prop Fielden, O'Carroll is a good prospect but not quite good or imposing enough yet. We need another imposing prop to support Fielden then we'll see the real Stuart Fielden I will guarantee you that.
Feka has actually been playing more than 30 mons a game recently and I think he could do longer and indeed should do longer. I am convinced Noble subs players at certain times rather than because its tactics or needed. It is the weakest part of his coaching. For example unless injuries dictated it Fielden should have taken no further part in that game after he went off he was so poor on the night but he brought him back on again.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Nobby's team selection is poor too IMO. Picking Tomkins instead of Prescott when Fletch was already ruled out was a massive mistake. :angry:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Don't agree at all that Fielden should be sold but there's no denying that he isn't reproducing his Bradford form at Wigan.

Think that someone needs to sit down and have a good chat with him, failing that maybe a spell coming off the bench may fire him up.

Fielden is a class player, he was MoM in the World Club Challenge last season. It's just finding the key for him to reproduce that form for us.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Nobby's team selection is poor too IMO. Picking Tomkins instead of Prescott when Fletch was already ruled out was a massive mistake. :angry:
Have to agree, when the line up was read out last night I mentioned to my brother it was worrying only one prop was on the bench.