Will Gregory get the job?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wigan4eva

Will Gregory get the job?

Post by wigan4eva »

I was watchin sky sports news earlier when it said that stuart raper had been lined up with cronulla sharks, so obviously anderson may be on his way out, ive also heard rumours (maybe not true) that uncle mo had already got a new coach planned instead of gregory, now if gregory does not get the job after what hes helped us do this season i will be gutted and im sure he would be too, he thouroughly deserves the job and hasnt put one foot wrong, what do u all think
Warriors_ace_17

Re: Will Gregory get the job?

Post by Warriors_ace_17 »

He has to get the job, all us fans want him the players do!!!! he's a wiganer, hada good rugby career! he's perfect, the only bad side about him is that he never played for wigan!
If he doesnt get the job, and we get another crapy aussie who couldnt give a dam about our club, then every wigan fan will be extremely furrious!!!!!!!!!

GREGORY FOR WIGAN!!!!!

2003 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS!!!!!!!
2004 YEAR OF THE WARRIORS (hopefully)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
robjoenz

Re: Will Gregory get the job?

Post by robjoenz »

League Express was saying about Anderson being on his way out, although it may not be a good move for Sharks because they have three players that have a clause in their contracts saying they will not sign if he leaves. I hope he stays and we keep Gregory.

Since the start of the playoffs and just before I haven't heard a single bad word about him from a Wigan fan.
redhead

Re: Will Gregory get the j...

Post by redhead »

I so hope Gregs gets the job...what more committment does Mo want from a coach and players? Ive seen such a difference in the lads in just the games hes coached even though we looked pretty tired near the end at Leeds we still managed to get drop goals and defend with so much heart...COME ON THE LADS
the little walnut
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Gregory, Betts and the team have got a pride that no aussie/yorkshire coach could match and there's still so much more left to prove from all of them. The double next year for example!!!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Ellie from the Block!

Post by Ellie from the Block! »

As much as I think Gregory has worked his backside off to get the job and on his track record deserves it, I think he'll get knocked back for someone who Maurice has set up ages ago for the job.
I don't pretend to know who will get it for sure, but usually the nicest people seemed to get treated the worst by Wigan. I don't think this will be any exception....I have a bad feeling about the whole situation.
mario

Post by mario »

go to www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague/news and click on the Betts: we were wonderfull story. sporting life think he's got a 2 year contract. it's sometimes on the home page of this site, but you could easily miss it
Pie Eyed

Post by Pie Eyed »

He's already got it.

Go to the official site.

If you can't, this is the story :
Gregory appointed as coach.

Wigan today announced the appointment of Mike Gregory as Head Coach of the Club until the end of the 2005 season.

Wigan Chairman Maurice Lindsay said,

"We have had several conversations with Mike over the last few weeks and it was more or less understood that we would make an announcement either at the end of the season or just before. Both Mike and I agreed that with the end of season run in and the Super League Play-Offs bringing their own pressures that discussing his contract in detail could be put on one side. We have now had one of the best runs in the clubs history and with only one match to go we are more than happy to make the announcement official. Saturday's result, whether it's a win or not, will be immaterial as far as our judgement is concerned we want Mike to continue with the good work taking place at the club."

Mike Gregory said.

"First of all I am proud and honoured to be named as Coach of my home town club. Maurice Lindsay actually sat down with Denis Betts and myself several weeks ago and I knew then that the club were not looking to appoint anyone else. We had a lot of very difficult fixtures to face up to and we all agreed to leave any final decision until our Super League position was a little more secure. We now know exactly where we stand ! We meet Bradford Bulls in the biggest game of all. The announcement of my appointment is great but it will not effect my focus which is to get the team to perform to it's best on Saturday."
About bloody time too. Hope it gives the lads a little extra lift for Saturday.

COME ON WIGAN !!!!!!!