major announcement next week

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
butt monkey

Re: major announcement nex...

Post by butt monkey »

Leyther Pie posted:
I understand what he has done for us but as a person i just dont like him. This stems from things in the distant past but most recently thye JJB Warehouse saga. Being a Union Representative i just dont like him for the way he treated his workers during that whole ordeal. I thank him for what he has done for this club(?) but not for anything else. This is just My Opinion. :(

Fair comment LP, I work for a company that was taken over by an Icelandic Investment Firm, one similar to the one which has bought JJB.

We constantly have to put up with lies, deceit, misrepresentation, false economies, innuendo and management bullying now. That's fact!

Hope that the new one involved with the JJB doesn't act in the same way, but I doubt it, all they want are high returns for their investment!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

I don't think anyone's doubting that Whelan's views lean towards those of the average Victorian mill-owner when it comes to business practises, but to be honest, that's irrelevant to his relationship with Wigan RL.

He's been part of our furniture since long before he took over Wigan Athletic. I long harboured suspicions about him, and I've been critical that since he took control of our club, we've gone steadily downhill. I've also expressed worries that he might be starving us of funds so that he can build up the one real love of his life - the football club.

However, a Latics-supporting neighbour of mine has been to several Latics fans get-togethers where Whelan made guest appearances, and reports that the big guy steadfastly defends the RL club when calls are made for us to be booted out. Plus he attends most Wigan RL matches, and has funded a number of our bigger signings.

Basivcaly, it's not too expensive for him to toy around with a Rugby League club. So while he might not be madly in love with us, we're a fun and cost-effective diversion for him. If it wasn't for the salary cap, I feel sure he'd have purchased a number of star names by now, and would barely have felt it.

If I have any concerns at all about Whelan, it's that he's not involved enough. He's getting on now and must be planning for retirement. (Does anyone really believe that he's only 70?; he looks a lot older). Likewise, I think Mo is becoming steadily less effective: at one time he was the force in the game to be reckoned with. That is distinctly not the case now.

This is why rumours of a club take-over are more interesting to me than rumours about possible signings.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Leyther Pie posted:

I understand what he has done for us but as a person i just dont like him. This stems from things in the distant past but most recently thye JJB Warehouse saga. Being a Union Representative i just dont like him for the way he treated his workers during that whole ordeal. I thank him for what he has done for this club(?) but not for anything else. This is just My Opinion. :(
Yes fair play to you Leyther Pie, I have no experience of him with his other business dealings and was just speaking from the point of view of what he has done for the rugby club, always seeming to be happy to dip into his pocket for our benefit and happy to give us his support so I admire you for being able to separate the two scenarios as one has clearly and understandably left a sour taste in your mouth.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
Danielle2006 posted:
i personally asked noble himself so no he isnt going to leeds!!!! Stop flapping
as if he'd tell an ordinary fan if he was....hmmmm :eusa16:
He told me to when i Personally asked him to!!
your not understanding my point!

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

the-Bowtun-Warrior

Morph posted:
anybody any idea when next week this announcement is going to be made? Or will it be as I suspect next week will come and go there won't be an announcement
Me thinks your very right!

how many times have we heard this?

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted: as if he'd tell an ordinary fan if he was....hmmmm :eusa16:
He told me to when i Personally asked him to!!
So are you saying he lied to her? It seems he came out with a categoric denial he was leaving to a fan. He doesn't strike me as someone who would deliberately mislead anyone, even a "lowly" fan.

Dave
the-Bowtun-Warrior

DaveO posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted: He told me to when i Personally asked him to!!
So are you saying he lied to her? It seems he came out with a categoric denial he was leaving to a fan. He doesn't strike me as someone who would deliberately mislead anyone, even a "lowly" fan.

Dave
......boring

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

I have heard that Mo has been given a directors roll with latics,.

My be this is what is going to be announced OR nothing at all??

If there is to be an announcement i feel it will not be before Friday in order to allow the lads and coaches to fully prepare for the game.

:conf: :conf:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

DaveO posted:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted: your not understanding my point!

Dave
......boring
Well that is a well thought out amd mature response. :roll:

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ste lord posted:
I have heard that Mo has been given a directors roll with latics,.
He has been a director at Latics for some time. As have two directors of Latics being on our board.

Dave