another Nobby rumour

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Panchitta Marra

Re: another Nobby rumour

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Cruncher posted:
botica posted:
I heard today, Nobby is going to Leeds at the end of the season, three weeks after he signed for wigan he enquired about a job with an Aussie club. What committment? and the house he is RENTING here with a view to buy he has pulled out of the sale?? Don't know what to believe but its not looking good... :roll:
I don't want it to happen, but if he goes he goes.

There are times when these continued rumours about him looking for other jobs make me wonder if he's the right man for us.

They're only rumours, but if there's even a smattering of truth in them, it doesn't say a great deal about his commitment to the club.

You can't help thinking that someone like Shaun Edwards - here we go again - would have a more in-built loyalty to the Wigan cause.

Having said that, there were several rumours that Noble was leaving at the end of last season, and that never happened.
Are you kidding, Shaun Edwards as Wigan Rugby League coach. I would be really worried for our future if that happened. Where has he proven himself to be good enough to return to this game from union. Total backwards move IMO.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Cruncher posted:
botica posted:
I heard today, Nobby is going to Leeds at the end of the season, three weeks after he signed for wigan he enquired about a job with an Aussie club. What committment? and the house he is RENTING here with a view to buy he has pulled out of the sale?? Don't know what to believe but its not looking good... :roll:
I don't want it to happen, but if he goes he goes.

There are times when these continued rumours about him looking for other jobs make me wonder if he's the right man for us.

They're only rumours, but if there's even a smattering of truth in them, it doesn't say a great deal about his commitment to the club.

You can't help thinking that someone like Shaun Edwards - here we go again - would have a more in-built loyalty to the Wigan cause.

Having said that, there were several rumours that Noble was leaving at the end of last season, and that never happened.
Are you kidding, Shaun Edwards as Wigan Rugby League coach. I would be really worried for our future if that happened. Where has he proven himself to be good enough to return to this game from union. Total backwards move IMO.
He's got the highest qualification RL coaching certificate there is. But I accept he's no experience of coaching in our game.

Having said that, his man-management skills and motivational powers have been a revelation in Union, and they'd transfer over quite easily, especially given that he's still a fanatical Wiganer.

I agree it would be a risk. But unfortunately I don't think beggars can be choosers. When Noble goes - and it's a 'when' not an 'if' - Wigan will have to come up with someone special to replace him. They can't afford to be messing around with any of these John Kear, Karl Harrison-type journeymen coaches. It'll either need to be a top-name Aussie, or something totally different.

A ex-player of my acquaintance assured me it would be 'something totally different'.
OJ

Post by OJ »

I've heard these stories too (especially after the Harleuins away game) and its very difficult to sort the truth from the bull droppings, must say the stories sounded credible but that doesn't mean a lot. Have to say I am concerned though at the deafening silence on the subject from Headingley but even then it still doesn't sit right for some reason and don't think Nobby would do his reputation any good if he did go there.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Panchitta Marra

Cruncher posted:
Panchitta Marra posted:
Cruncher posted: I don't want it to happen, but if he goes he goes.

He's got the highest qualification RL coaching certificate there is. But I accept he's no experience of coaching in our game.

Having said that, his man-management skills and motivational powers have been a revelation in Union, and they'd transfer over quite easily, especially given that he's still a fanatical Wiganer.

I agree it would be a risk. But unfortunately I don't think beggars can be choosers. When Noble goes - and it's a 'when' not an 'if' - Wigan will have to come up with someone special to replace him. They can't afford to be messing around with any of these John Kear, Karl Harrison-type journeymen coaches. It'll either need to be a top-name Aussie, or something totally different.

A ex-player of my acquaintance assured me it would be 'something totally different'.
I hope the something totally different is Bennett or another top name Aussie coach, not Edwards, Kear, or Harrison.
For a person of Shaun Edwards ability, as an ex RL international, it comes to me as no suprise why he has been successful in Rugby Union. The amount of skills and information he could pass on to Wasps to make imediate vast improvements was already there from his Wigan days. To come back to League, where our game is also vastly improved, needs something better than a Rugby Union level coach (Top qualifications or not) to take steps forward. We all like the bloke, he is a Wigan legend, but I dont think he has it in him to be a good RL coach, yet.
Panchitta Marra

Nobby`s Girl posted:
:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:

No matter how much i say Nobby isnt going anywhere people still wont let it drop!!

SO i`ll say the complete opposite and see if people will then let it drop, So hear it goes..….

Nobby has signed a 2 year deal with Leeds, he is leaving Wigan at the end of this season, he has lied to everyone and broke his loyalty to us and Wigan.

Rant over!
:eusa15: :mad:
Totally on your side 'Nobby's Girl. I dont want Brian Noble to leave. My point was only to say that Shaun Edwards would not be a suitable coach of Wigan RFL, IMO.
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Nobby`s Girl posted:

No matter how much i say Nobby isnt going anywhere people still wont let it drop!!

Just out of interest, how do you know?
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Cruncher posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:

she eared a rumour :roll: :wink:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

Bet he said the same to the Bulls fans before he came to us.
jayde_hates_longy

Post by jayde_hates_longy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
R.I.P mike gregory xxxx
true wigan ledgend !!!!

Cummmm on wigaaaaaaaaaan!!

SL CHAMPS 2008

DIRTY FUCKIN SCOUSE WANKERS :)
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Cruncher posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:

Because i asked him to tell me the truth, he said I am not going anywhere, put his arm around me and said dont worry about it..Nobby wouldnt lie.

So all I/we can do is take his word for it! and lets see what does happen in the future..And if he has lied to me, i shall have words! :sly:
When did he say this - was it before his recent bust-ups with Mo, or since?

Everyone's situation changes.