Petero Civoniceva

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Petero civoniceva

Post by DaveO »

Lazy J posted:
DaveO posted:

As to Wild, I can't believe we would re-sign him when we have Hock, Lockers, Tomkins and Hansen in the back row and all bar Tomkins have a contract for next season and beyond in most cases.

Dave
Wild has developed into a good back rower, with genuine pace. I for one was surprised when they let him go
At the time he wasn't playing well enough to be be retained and while he may now have developed into a good back row forward that is one area the team is not weak.

Don't forget we only have 20 places available where players can earn over £25K a year so if he came back he would take on of those slots. We need to use any free slots in the 20/25 on other positions.

dave
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

it says on sky sports that hull asre after petro and that us and bradford are interested......

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 77,00.html
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

This smells of a Agent and player getting a huge contract for a 31 year old prop. Hes a very good player but maybe only has a season left.

Too much of gamble and not worth anything near the money hes asking for. We need a prop but we do not need to pay over the odds for a player who is getting on. Though he is a good player but not worth the money being banded about.
jollygiant3107

Re: Petero Civoniceva

Post by jollygiant3107 »

wild signed for saints about 4 weeks ago
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ChrisA posted:
No doubt trhe "over the hill Aussie" comments will start to fly. The guy is still in tip top shape, and his form is as good as ever, I have no doubt that he could come in and do a similar job to Craig Smith. I would welcome the signing with open arms.
Sorry but I dont agree Chris.
He is well OTT, too predicable, and if based on his form against GB, he wouldnt make it over here as a top player. Dont rate him, too old, better to look for the future, not into the past.
Poster

Post by Poster »

Perhaps as a measure of his worth is that Gold Coast Vice Captain has offered to take a pay cut to fit him under their salary cap. Or could it be a conspiracy to get him a better pay day over here,being confident that their club could not afford him even with a pay cut.
Panchitta Marra

Poster posted:
Perhaps as a measure of his worth is that Gold Coast Vice Captain has offered to take a pay cut to fit him under their salary cap. Or could it be a conspiracy to get him a better pay day over here,being confident that their club could not afford him even with a pay cut.
Can only say again that I have never seen him play a good game, yet, against GB, the very players he would be up against in Superleague. How many useful years would a team realisticaly get out of him at his age too, not many, is my guess. His colleague in the same pack, a Mr Webke, was a totally different proposition, pity he hadnt been on offer, and when he was younger.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

cant agree with you there mate he is a great player and has had many good game over the years and i have seen a few against g.b so no i dont agree with you there...............
Panchitta Marra

shawcross da warrior posted:
cant agree with you there mate he is a great player and has had many good game over the years and i have seen a few against g.b so no i dont agree with you there...............
I only hope he does come over to Superleague, as a Hull FC recruit. The proof will be in the pudding then, and thankfully not at Wigan's risk & cost.
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Strong rumours from friends over that way that Petro is going to be playing for Hull next year.

He is getting on a bit, but he is still a current Australia and Queensland player, so he can't be that bad.

Personally, on the right contract, I would have loved to have seen him play for Wigan. Think he could have a massive influence on Prescott and O'Carrol, and Coley if he comes.

Have to agree with others, Coley is by far the better long term option for us.