Petero Civoniceva

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
100% Warrior

Petero Civoniceva

Post by 100% Warrior »

Daily Express has today linked Wigan with a move for Brisbane prop Petero Civoniceva, says that the player is ending his 13 years with the Broncos at the end of this season.
ChrisA

Re: Petero Civoniceva

Post by ChrisA »

No doubt trhe "over the hill Aussie" comments will start to fly. The guy is still in tip top shape, and his form is as good as ever, I have no doubt that he could come in and do a similar job to Craig Smith. I would welcome the signing with open arms.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

yesterdays paper cant remember which one i saw it in linked us to a prop from melbourne.. clint newton!
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

standishwarrior posted:
yesterdays paper cant remember which one i saw it in linked us to a prop from melbourne.. clint newton!
Think he plays for Newcastle and is more of a second row he is on you tube for a bad tackle last year just punch his name in , he has had a fall out with Brian smith and wants away .
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
royston

Petero civoniceva

Post by royston »

Just come of the NRL FORUM Petero civoniceva is at any time now ready to sign with Brisbane or Cronulla,
Poster

Re: Petero civoniceva

Post by Poster »

Opinion on the fans site is very much divided.On the one hand everyone seems to rate his performance this season but some want him to go now because at 31 he does not have much longer at this level. Others seem to think that he still has a big contribution to make next season in bringing on the younger pack. If that is true maybe he is the man for us, on a reasonable contract which does not mean selling off our young guns.Over the hill in NRL does not always mean the same here.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

From Soprting life.
The 30-year-old Fiji-born Civoniceva has been a Test regular since making his debut in 2001 and, following the retirement of club-mate Shane Webcke, is Australia's most experienced forward with 28 caps and 16 Origin appearances.

Does this mean he does not count on quota. HC
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

lucky 13 posted:
standishwarrior posted:
Think he plays for Newcastle and is more of a second row he is on you tube for a bad tackle last year just punch his name in , he has had a fall out with Brian smith and wants away .

just saw the tackle you was on about and what a beauty it was!! still not as good as mick cassidy's on morley!!! :) :)
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

yesterdays newspapers are todays Chip papers
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Daily Express??? blimin' eck! they still beliueve Diana is still alive for gods sake!

At least we have a replacement for the Ryles theorem.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame