GUTTED!!!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Deltic3

GUTTED!!!!!!

Post by Deltic3 »

Just got back from OT. I am absolutely gutted, had the game by the scruff of the neck until the Bullsh*t resorted to thuggery (as per usual!!) Lowes should have walked in the first half and Price was just downright vicious (hope he gets sent down!!)

The boys did us proud - as they have done all season, who would have though we would be in the GF at the start of the year??

Thanks Mike and the Boys - you did us all proud!

Tonight will make next year even sweeter after we clinch the double!!
robjoenz

Re: GUTTED!!!!!!

Post by robjoenz »

Here here, well done lads. Back in April or May you'd never have thought we be there!

Just got home meself, the queue for the metro into town was enormous, after getting on the rest were plain sailing.

Has anyone heard anything on Brian Carney? Is he alright, was it Pryce that took him out? If so did he bottle him?

I had the unfortunateness to sit with the Bulls lot, I tell you they didn't sing a single song until just into the second half. They seem to have quite a few part time fans too, I was being told that Carney is crap on the bus on the way home, obviously haven't been watching this season.

Anyway, I'm proud to support the cherry and white!
rach15

Post by rach15 »

Yeh i'd like 2 say a big THANK YOU 2 the boys 4 all this season, especially the saints matches!!

Thought we did wel 2 get 2 OT but the weeks rest 4 bradford obviously paid off!!

Anyway has anybody heard any news on carney?

Felt really sorry 4 the lads especially carney and newton, he's been 2 4 Gf and lost at them all, bless!!

Did any body see them bradford fans who were sat in the wigan crowd, they wer really winding the crowd up, some of th wiganers were ready 2 throw im a punch or 2!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
mario

Post by mario »

the lads were fantastic! they've got years of winning trophies ahead of them.i've been told carney come down the tunnel and wanted to get back on, but he was'nt realy with it.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Anyway has anybody heard any news on carney?
He was knocked out cold by Pryce who smashed his head into the ground, quite deliberately.

Hope Pryce gets sent down after his trial which starts on Monday.

Carney is OK now though. Came round and it seems he will be Ok for the test series. Major doubt about Farrell who was clearly not fit and really ought not to play.

Dave
Bramley Rhino

Post by Bramley Rhino »

Unlucky wigan i was cheering you on from the east stand with some divvy bradford fans behind me did my head in. Not sure what was going on but the police and stewards were making their prescence felt throughout the game. I am glad Brian Carney is ok what a fantastic player he is. As for pryce i hope he gets whats coming to him.
rach15

Post by rach15 »

It must have been in their tactics or something to get him off the pitch after last weeks tries, because lowes had a go as well as pryce who unfortunately succeded, i hope he gets done for it!!

I felt so sorry for him when he went off and when he went 2 pick up his runners up medal, u could see how gutted he was, and how much he wanted 2 win!!
O'loughlins number 1 fan!!
johnsons_babexx

Post by johnsons_babexx »

Bradford knew that with carney off they had more of a chance of winning. They knew when all else fails who to bring on and the thug knew exactly what to do!

Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Captain Chaos

Post by Captain Chaos »

To all those fans out there who like me didn't like Pryce's piece of thuggery, I totally agree that was a deliberate play to get Our Brian off the pitch and if the League don't do anything about it they are as guilty as that idiot Stevo of advocating foul play.

Kirkpatrick's display of "refereeing" screamed out that he wanted column inches in the sports pages.

Never mind though, Mike, Denis and the lads performed well last night and throughout the season that I feel that Wigan RL is in safe hands and that 2004 will be THE YEAR OF THE WARRIOR.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

First post, so here we go!

I felt awful leaving with a couple of minutes to go because the lads deserved to be applauded for the complete commitment and entertainment they've given us, especially in the last dozen games. I found it too heartbreaking to stay near gloating Bradford and their unworthy team of thugs.

I've sent an e-mail to the Super League show this morning, i don't know if they'll read it out as i won't be watching.

'There are one or two cowards posing as winners today. the Bradford policy of assaulting Carney was calculated, and Kirkpatrick's failure to punish this cost Wigan the game. Lowes, should've been sin binned in the first half, and Pryce shoul've been sent off and given a lengthy ban for knocking Carney unconcious as he lay on the ground'

Is there a policy of keeping all players on the pitch to 'improve the spectacle' regardless of whether this leads to a team of thugs winning. Kirkpatrick gave a number of ridiculous penalties to bradford. You'd almost think they were saying that because Bradford were cheated last year, they were making sure they'd win this year. All Wigan fans and neutrals were cheated by the so-called referee of the year'.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)