Another Good Night......

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
turf

Another Good Night......

Post by turf »

For me as a swimming instructor with my main instructor.

No major incidents to deal with or sort out however I pulled up one of my best friends for an incorrect srtoking style on front crawl, he was doing crawl arms with breastroke legs, and when I knew who it was that I had pulled up, I felt awful.

I think I was right though. People doing incorrect strokes need to be told the correct way otherwise if they aren't told, they could be in a competition and they could get disqualified and perhaps costing themselves or their team a place somewhere.

I gave the swimmers a set on backstroke and this lad says, "how do you know when you have it the wall", and I replied, "because you'll feel like you've bumped into something very hard".

When I was giving them the set, I said, "no please PLEASE look at the flags (which the pool has) and when you see them, you really stretch out and almost feel for the wall, which will or should result in you touching the wall with your arm or hand, but NOT yor head, otherwise it could be a bit painful".
fitzy

Re: Another Good Night......

Post by fitzy »

you seem to be doing well with this swimming instructor stuff turf keep it up :D
turf

Re: Another Good Night.......

Post by turf »

Thank you very much fitzy, I much appreciate it.

I have been spoken to by parents and the main instructor tonight who all say that I am very good and that I have very good control of the lessons and police the speed of swimmers and things in general very well.

They also say that I would be the perfect replacement for the instructor as he is supposed to be retiring but I don't know when.

They say this because I can get through the lessons with the right amount of everything including humour, joking, seriousness, instructin etc.

What do you reckon fitzy? Would you agree with the above from what you can see typed out in the above post.
Fujiman

Re: Another Good Night......

Post by Fujiman »

turf posted:
For me as a swimming instructor with my main instructor.

No major incidents to deal with or sort out however I pulled up one of my best friends for an incorrect srtoking style on front crawl, he was doing crawl arms with breastroke legs, and when I knew who it was that I had pulled up, I felt awful.

I think I was right though. People doing incorrect strokes need to be told the correct way otherwise if they aren't told, they could be in a competition and they could get disqualified and perhaps costing themselves or their team a place somewhere.

I gave the swimmers a set on backstroke and this lad says, "how do you know when you have it the wall", and I replied, "because you'll feel like you've bumped into something very hard".

When I was giving them the set, I said, "no please PLEASE look at the flags (which the pool has) and when you see them, you really stretch out and almost feel for the wall, which will or should result in you touching the wall with your arm or hand, but NOT yor head, otherwise it could be a bit painful".
Thats Wrong :angry: You are suppose to get them doing sets and counting the strokes from the flags to the wall. After doing a few sets they have an idea how many strokes they take from when they see the flags to the wall. They then take that number and subtract one and that is then how many strokes from the flags to when they leave there arm outstretched thus producing a perfect finish
turf

Post by turf »

Ok, I may have said it wrong but they got my drift, plus the main instructor didn't pull me up on it anyway, so I said it in a different way, and (maybe) slightly wrong.

If I have got that wrong Fujiman I apologise we as swimming instructors are only human like the RL referees!!!!!!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

you do it that way he does it a different way were all friends here so lets all keep it calm....... :lol:
turf

Post by turf »

I have only done two lessons and made a blunder. Oh BOTHER!!!!!!!!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:.

Oh well, if I get thrown off the trial or demoted to coaching just one group (Group 1) and that's it, then, it'll be my own fault.

I may do, Klein got punished out of refereeing for a howler at Millenium Magic!!!!! :( :( :( :(
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Out of interest who do you swim/instruct for Turf?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
turf

Post by turf »

Wigan Swimming Club. Why do you want to know?
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

turf I think you should listen to your parents and the swimming instuructor and if they think you could take over his position then why not? :D